Search Unity

Resolved Graph is laggy

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by SquareBunnyBoy, Nov 8, 2020.

1. SquareBunnyBoy

SquareBunnyBoy

Good day, all!

By a some reason my Bolt graph is very laggy. And no matter is it huge or just couple of nodes - it's lagging while panning no matter what. And I have a decent machine and I don't thing it's a matter of performance.

Same graph on my work machine running very smooth and here, at home, I have that annoying lag. Maybe very is a way to fix it?

I have i7 3.40 , 32gb RAM and RTX 3070.

septN and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  2. Ex-Crow

Ex-Crow

Enabling Incremental GC collect might help some but besides that nothing you can do. Gotta wait for the eventual UI Toolkit port of the tool. It won't happen for a while yet.

Oh, and Macro graphs have a lot better editor performance than Embed graphs. Just a thing to keep in mind. Doesn't matter in builds though.

3. SquareBunnyBoy

SquareBunnyBoy

I mainly use macro. And this one in the video is macro. It's just strange that on one machine same graph works smooth and on other I got that annoying lag :(

4. SquareBunnyBoy

SquareBunnyBoy

Interesting thing... I thought PC at my work are more powerful, but it's actually contrary. Machine at home are far more powerful, but it's lagging there! Here's the same graph at my work machine:

And my work machine is i7 3.20 16GB RAM RTX 2080

5. Ex-Crow

Ex-Crow

Did you check if incremental GC collect is enabled on one but not the other? In Project Settings/Player. It's a bit far fetched but I think it’s still within the realm of possibility.

6. SquareBunnyBoy

SquareBunnyBoy

yep.. It's enabled on both machines.

7. Ex-Crow

Ex-Crow

Then I got nothing. That is a pretty weird behaviour though.

8. ericb_unity

ericb_unity

Unity Technologies

We are working on perf issues in graph, we will add this setup as a use case when we work on it.

SquareBunnyBoy likes this.
  9. ericb_unity

ericb_unity

Unity Technologies

10. HoniGames

HoniGames

One thing that works very well for me to improve graph performance is to disable Gizmos in the scene view (it can also be valid to disable only recent changes in the gizmos tab).
    The attached videos are not available so I don't know if you have it enabled or not.

11. SquareBunnyBoy

SquareBunnyBoy

It's actually has been fixed on 2020.2. Now all working smoothly.

ericb_unity likes this.