Search Unity

Question Gradle Error: Configure project :launcher. The option 'android.enableR8' is deprecated

Discussion in 'Android' started by Dan_G, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Dan_G

Dan_G

Hi,

I am having problems when compiling for Android for Quest (i´m using 2020.3.4f1). I have done a lot of research and I think there might a conflict between SDKs but i am not sure. I tried in another machine and i got the same error, so i tried to make a "Development Build" and for some reason it build fine... really strange! Then i tried again to make a normal Build but i got the same errors.

This is the first time i´ve seen this type of error so i am not sure where the problem is, although it looks like it´s coming from Android.

These are the errors i am getting:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Starting a Gradle Daemon, 1 incompatible Daemon could not be reused, use --status for details
    2. > Configure project :launcher
    3. WARNING: The option 'android.enableR8' is deprecated and should not be used anymore.
    4. It will be removed in a future version of the Android Gradle plugin, and will no longer allow you to disable R8.
    5. Exception while marshalling C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.4f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\build-tools\28.0.3\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only
    6. Exception while marshalling C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.4f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\platform-tools\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only
    7. Exception while marshalling C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.4f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\platforms\android-29\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only
    8. Exception while marshalling C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.4f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\tools\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only
    9. Exception while marshalling C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.4f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\build-tools\28.0.3\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only
    10. Exception while marshalling C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.4f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\platform-tools\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only
    11. Exception while marshalling C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.4f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\platforms\android-29\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only
    12. Exception while marshalling C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.4f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\tools\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only

Code (CSharp):
    1. FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
    2. * What went wrong:
    3. Execution failed for task ':launcher:checkDebugDuplicateClasses'.
    4. > 1 exception was raised by workers:
    5.   java.util.zip.ZipException
    6. * Try:
    7. Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.
    8. * Get more help at https://help.gradle.org
    9. BUILD FAILED in 8s
    10. Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
    11. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

Code (CSharp):
    1. CommandInvokationFailure: Gradle build failed.
    2. C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.4f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\OpenJDK\bin\java.exe -classpath "C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.4f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\Tools\gradle\lib\gradle-launcher-5.6.4.jar" org.gradle.launcher.GradleMain "-Dorg.gradle.jvmargs=-Xmx4096m" "assembleDebug"
    3. stderr[
    4. FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
    5. * What went wrong:
    6. Execution failed for task ':launcher:checkDebugDuplicateClasses'.
    7. > 1 exception was raised by workers:
    8.   java.util.zip.ZipException

2. ValentineCat

ValentineCat

I'm so sick of dealing with Unity, can't get anything to work. Everywhere I turn things are broken! got the android app in the tutorial to work once, then it will never work again. gradle errors, java errors, manifest errors, android studio also fails from the exported gradle. I'm uninstalling everything. why is this so bad?

PandaArcade likes this.
  3. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Did you try problem 3's solution listed over here?

4. PandaArcade

PandaArcade

Yes, I agree. The build process for Android is a dumpster fire :(

Did you ever find a working solution?