Search Unity

Gradle build failure on :unityads:proguardRelease in Android Studio

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by aer0ace, Aug 5, 2015.

1. aer0ace

aer0ace

I get the following error when building my Android project in Android Studio with gradle:

I'm not too familiar with the Gradle build process. Does anyone have any hints as to what I should be looking for?

2. aer0ace

aer0ace

3. aer0ace

aer0ace

4. vigilanteinc

vigilanteinc

Did you ever get this figured out? Having same issue but not finding any solutions anywhere.

5. aer0ace

aer0ace

Sort of. I continued the discussion in yet another thread because I was posting all over the place without any clearly defined problem:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/pr...d-project-with-unity-ads.347628/#post-2251417

This got my test build successfully built, deployed, and run on a device. In that thread, I mention the steps about Importing vs Opening a Unity Android project in Android studio, which is explicitly stated in numerous locations, but it is very easy to miss.

However, I wasn't able to get my main project running due to some exceptions on load. I haven't investigated this yet, but felt that it was beyond the scope of the problem that I defined.

While it's unfortunate that you're running into this problem, I'm glad I'm not the only one that ran into it =/. Good luck!