Search Unity

1. How can our website serve you better? Give us your feedback. Take our survey and let us know.
    Dismiss Notice

Gradle build failed

Discussion in 'Android' started by luoyu510183, Mar 20, 2019.

1. cultzone

cultzone

thank you man!!! we try and later send the results!!!!

2. shashkes

shashkes

I was getting this error and turns out the names of my folders were too long.

3. amityadav9898ay

amityadav9898ay

There are few way to solve gradle build

1. change from system build from gradle to internal
    2. You can resolve gradle by going C:\Users\(user name path)\.gradle and delete this .gradle file build again and make sure you are connected to internet.
    3. sometime it also occur because of minimum API level of sdk so try to change them to Android 4.4 or 5.0
    for full detail visit https://www.unity3d.co.in/2020/08/how-to-fix-android-gradle-build-failed.html

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    cultzone likes this.
  4. ahmedaniss

ahmedaniss

problem fixed here :

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  5. cultzone

cultzone

make changes on the java versions... it most common problem...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  6. Rodolfomachado

Rodolfomachado

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An important point is the name of your project, is there are different points or letters , may cause a misfunction during the gradle out, to solve this is renaming your project, even in the windows explorer , to a name which has not these points/letters.

7. Humansquirrel

Humansquirrel

clear Gradle cache
    it will work
    C:\Users\XXX\gradle\caches

8. dh7300

dh7300

CommandInvokationFailure: Gradle build failed.

C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.4.12f1/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer\OpenJDK\bin\java.exe -classpath "C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2019.4.12f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\Tools\gradle\lib\gradle-launcher-5.1.1.jar" org.gradle.launcher.GradleMain "-Dorg.gradle.jvmargs=-Xmx4096m" "assembleDebug"

stderr[

Note: D:\Unity_Project\OMG_Mobile_1016avpro\Temp\gradleOut\unityLibrary\src\main\java\com\unity3d\player\UnityPlayerActivity.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:

Execution failed for task ':launcher:processDebugResources'.

> Android resource linking failed

D:\Unity_Project\OMG_Mobile_1016avpro\Temp\gradleOut\launcher\build\intermediates\merged_manifests\debug\AndroidManifest.xml:122: AAPT: error: resource style/Theme.AppCompat.NoActionBar (aka com.vva.android.ventax:style/Theme.AppCompat.NoActionBar) not found.

error: failed processing manifest.

* Try:

Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 2s

Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

]

stdout[

> Configure project :launcher

Exception while marshalling C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2019.4.12f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\build-tools\28.0.3\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only

Exception while marshalling C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2019.4.12f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\platform-tools\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only

Exception while marshalling C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2019.4.12f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\platforms\android-29\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only

Exception while marshalling C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2019.4.12f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\tools\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only

> Task :launcher:preBuild UP-TO-DATE

> Task :unityLibrary:preBuild UP-TO-DATE

> Task :unityLibrary:preDebugBuild UP-TO-DATE

> Task :unityLibrary:checkDebugManifest UP-TO-DATE

> Task :launcher:extractProguardFiles

> Task :launcher:prepareLintJar UP-TO-DATE

> Task :unityLibrary:processDebugManifest

> Task :unityLibrary:compileDebugAidl NO-SOURCE

> Task :unityLibrary:packageDebugRenderscript NO-SOURCE

> Task :unityLibrary:compileDebugRenderscript NO-SOURCE

> Task :unityLibrary:generateDebugBuildConfig UP-TO-DATE

> Task :unityLibrary:generateDebugResValues UP-TO-DATE

> Task :unityLibrary:generateDebugResources UP-TO-DATE

> Task :unityLibrary:packageDebugResources UP-TO-DATE

> Task :launcher:preDebugBuild

> Task :launcher:compileDebugAidl NO-SOURCE

> Task :launcher:compileDebugRenderscript NO-SOURCE

> Task :launcher:checkDebugManifest UP-TO-DATE

> Task :launcher:generateDebugBuildConfig UP-TO-DATE

> Task :launcher:generateDebugSources UP-TO-DATE

> Task :launcher:mainApkListPersistenceDebug UP-TO-DATE

> Task :launcher:generateDebugResValues UP-TO-DATE

> Task :launcher:generateDebugResources UP-TO-DATE

> Task :unityLibrary:generateDebugRFile

> Task :unityLibrary:prepareLintJar UP-TO-DATE

> Task :unityLibrary:generateDebugSources UP-TO-DATE

> Task :unityLibrary:javaPreCompileDebug

> Task :unityLibrary:compileDebugJavaWithJavac

> Task :unityLibrary:bundleLibCompileDebug UP-TO-DATE

> Task :unityLibrary:mergeDebugShaders UP-TO-DATE

> Task :unityLibrary:compileDebugShaders UP-TO-DATE

> Task :unityLibrary:generateDebugAssets UP-TO-DATE

> Task :launcher:mergeDebugResources

> Task :launcher:javaPreCompileDebug UP-TO-DATE

> Task :launcher:createDebugCompatibleScreenManifests UP-TO-DATE

> Task :launcher:processDebugManifest

> Task :unityLibrary:packageDebugAssets

> Task :unityLibrary:processDebugJavaRes NO-SOURCE

> Task :unityLibrary:bundleLibResDebug UP-TO-DATE

> Task :unityLibrary:bundleLibRuntimeDebug

> Task :unityLibrary:mergeDebugConsumerProguardFiles

> Task :launcher:processDebugResources FAILED

> Task :unityLibrary:mergeDebugJniLibFolders

Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 6.0.

Use '--warning-mode all' to show the individual deprecation warnings.

See https://docs.gradle.org/5.1.1/userguide/command_line_interface.html#sec:command_line_warnings

29 actionable tasks: 13 executed, 16 up-to-date

]

exit code: 1

UnityEditor.Android.Command.WaitForProgramToRun (UnityEditor.Utils.Program p, UnityEditor.Android.Command+WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg) (at <102ea0a8f6844066abf6a495b9136b2c>:0)

UnityEditor.Android.Command.Run (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo psi, UnityEditor.Android.Command+WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg) (at <102ea0a8f6844066abf6a495b9136b2c>:0)

UnityEditor.Android.Command.Run (System.String command, System.String args, System.String workingdir, UnityEditor.Android.Command+WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg) (at <102ea0a8f6844066abf6a495b9136b2c>:0)

UnityEditor.Android.AndroidJavaTools.RunJava (System.String args, System.String workingdir, System.Action`1[T] progress, System.String error) (at <102ea0a8f6844066abf6a495b9136b2c>:0)

UnityEditor.Android.GradleWrapper.Run (UnityEditor.Android.AndroidJavaTools javaTools, System.String workingdir, System.String task, System.Action`1[T] progress) (at <102ea0a8f6844066abf6a495b9136b2c>:0)

Rethrow as GradleInvokationException: Gradle build failed

UnityEditor.Android.GradleWrapper.Run (UnityEditor.Android.AndroidJavaTools javaTools, System.String workingdir, System.String task, System.Action`1[T] progress) (at <102ea0a8f6844066abf6a495b9136b2c>:0)

UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.Tasks.BuildGradleProject.Execute (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context) (at <102ea0a8f6844066abf6a495b9136b2c>:0)

UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessRunner.RunAllTasks (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context) (at <102ea0a8f6844066abf6a495b9136b2c>:0)

UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessAndroidPlayer.PostProcess (UnityEditor.BuildTarget target, System.String stagingAreaData, System.String stagingArea, System.String playerPackage, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, UnityEditor.BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport report) (at <102ea0a8f6844066abf6a495b9136b2c>:0)

UnityEditor.Android.AndroidBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (UnityEditor.Modules.BuildPostProcessArgs args, UnityEditor.BuildProperties& outProperties) (at <102ea0a8f6844066abf6a495b9136b2c>:0)

UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (UnityEditor.BuildTargetGroup targetGroup, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, System.Int32 width, System.Int32 height, UnityEditor.BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport report) (at <e6e2fa0a47414cd2ac33237924761b45>:0)

UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I need help..

9. GameHourStudio

GameHourStudio

In my case I forgot to save the scene after modifying and was building player so it was giving worker thread error at final step of building player. I saved the scene and then built player and it was fine. This may also be the case for someone so it may also be tried.

10. jfforero

jfforero

I just changed the name of the folder and its works for me!

11. StartStart

StartStart

@saqlainniazi63 Which version are you using? upload_2021-2-15_17-49-44.png

Also check Preferences. This is my settings.
    upload_2021-2-15_17-52-24.png

12. Celso-Formiga

Celso-Formiga

A simple solution is just to check if the title of the game has special characters. This alone has solved my problem, which was exactly what you are talking about.

Attached Files:

13. ahmedaniss

ahmedaniss

Problem fixed here :

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  14. longlsts

longlsts

But how about the 30.0 (the latest version?)

15. StartStart

StartStart

Nowaday you just install Unity with Unity Hub.
    They will automatic install everything for you.

16. naxs

naxs

here is the solution. The video is in Russian

17. richardgalfi2006

richardgalfi2006

longbowgr reply that made my friend fix the issue, do not ever use non-ascii characters in the project, it will fail and produce these issues.

18. FlashGameStudio

FlashGameStudio

I'm using version 2020.3.14f1 and I solved the problem as follows:

1 - After configuring KeyStore I try to build an APK. This will generate the Gradle Build Failed error. But it will also create a folder called gradleOut in ProjectName\Temp\gradleOut

2 - After that I go to ProjectName\Temp\gradleOut\unityLibrary\libs and remove the files support-annotations-24.0.0.jar, support-v4-24.0.0.aar, appcompat-v7-23.1.1.aar and the googlemobileads file -unity.aar

3 - Edit the ProjectName\Temp\gradleOut\unityLibrary\build.gradle file and remove the following implementations:
    implementation(name: 'appcompat-v7-23.1.1', ext:'aar')
    implementation(name: 'googlemobiles-unity', ext:'aar')
    implementation(name: 'support-v4-24.0.0', ext:'aar')

4 - And finally I run the following command by CMD inside the gradleOut folder:
    PathTo\OpenJDK\bin\java.exe -classpath "PathTo\gradle-launcher-6.8.3.jar" org.gradle.launcher.GradleMain "-Dorg.gradle.jvmargs=-Xmx4096m" "assembleRelease"

This will generate the project apk inside the ProjectName\Temp\gradleOut\launcher\build\outputs\apk\release data folder called launcher-release.apk

OBS: If duplication errors occur when running the command this could be due to some library with duplicated methods, for example using GoogleAds and Unity.Ads. I advise in this case to remove GoogleAds

Hugs from Brazil

19. aravinda1879

aravinda1879

For me the issue was a mismatch in signing key. Adding alias for key using keystore manager in player settings worked.

unityunity