Search Unity

Grabbing a world anchor from a session with AR foundation and AR ReferencePoint

Discussion in 'AR' started by mr_kodjo, Mar 5, 2020.

1. mr_kodjo

mr_kodjo

I am pretty new to using Azure Spatial Anchors with Unity, but I am following a tutorial on Microsoft's documentation site for using Spatial Anchors. This particular one is directed towards using Hololens, but I am going through and, on my end, trying to configure it towards being used on iOS and Android. But I am getting tripped up at this particular part of the tutorial:

// Get the WorldAnchor from the CloudSpatialAnchor and use it to position the sphere. sphere.GetComponent<UnityEngine.XR.WSA.WorldAnchor>().SetNativeSpatialAnchorPtr(args.Anchor.LocalAnchor);

I am wanting to use an AR ReferencePoint instead of a WorldAnchor but I am having trouble translating the above code to what I need. Particularly the SetNativeSpatialAnchorPtr part. Any help would be great!

2. Magiel_ICT

Magiel_ICT

To get the position of located Azure Spatial Anchors without UnityEngine.XR.WSA and without WorldAnchors:
    Finally in
    Release v2.9.0 · Azure/azure-spatial-anchors-samples · GitHub
    I found CloudSpatialAnchor.GetPose();

Code (CSharp):
    2.         private void CloudSession_AnchorLocated(object sender, AnchorLocatedEventArgs anchorLocatedEventArgs)
    3.         {
    4.             OnSpatialAnchorFeedback.Invoke($"AnchorLocated Status : '{anchorLocatedEventArgs.Status}' {anchorLocatedEventArgs.Anchor.Identifier} ");
    5.             switch (anchorLocatedEventArgs.Status)
    6.             {
    7.                 case LocateAnchorStatus.Located:
    8.                     Pose anchorPose = Pose.identity;
    9.                     anchorPose = anchorLocatedEventArgs.Anchor.GetPose();
    10.                     SpawnOrMoveCurrentAnchoredObject(anchorPose.position, anchorPose.rotation);
    11.                     break;
    12.                 case LocateAnchorStatus.AlreadyTracked:
    13.                     // This anchor has already been reported and is being tracked
    14.                     break;
    15.                 case LocateAnchorStatus.NotLocatedAnchorDoesNotExist:
    16.                     // The anchor was deleted or never existed in the first place
    17.                     // Drop it, or show UI to ask user to anchor the content anew
    18.                     break;
    19.                 case LocateAnchorStatus.NotLocated:
    20.                     // The anchor hasn't been found given the location data
    21.                     // The user might in the wrong location, or maybe more data will help
    22.                     // Show UI to tell user to keep looking around
    23.                     break;
    24.             }
    25.         }