Search Unity

GPU spawn event removes set particle index in Intialize block - how to achieve effect differently?

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by laurienash, Oct 12, 2021.

1. laurienash

laurienash

Hiya,

I'm sure I'm misunderstanding how this works, but wondering if anyone could explain?

I've got a particle system made with the VFX graph (from Keijiro Takahashi's github).

Original_vfx.PNG

Original.PNG

I would like the location of these particles to be spawned from the positions of another particle system (which is reading a texture map input).

I have done that by using a gpu event, and inheriting the spawn position - but when initialising from a gpu event, the set particle index parameter disappears.

gpu_vfx.PNG

GPUspawned.PNG

The problem I've got is that this means the particles aren't being drawn in, and there is also only 1 line with a quad at each end, rather than the original which has 2 or 3 connected lines.

I don't quite understand how the strip index is causing this behaviour - but I was wondering if anyone could shed some light onto how I could spawn the first particle system from the location of another set of particles?

Thanks,
    Laurien

2. Vita-

Vita-

Unity Technologies

Hi Laurien! Would you share the screenshot of your whole graph to take a closer look?