Search Unity

Question "GPU profiling was not enabled so no data was generated"

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by valveCorpHype, Sep 4, 2022.

1. valveCorpHype

valveCorpHype

I am running unity 2022.1.14f1 HDRP 13.1.8 D3D12. I really need to use the GPU profiling tool. But whenever I turn on "GPU Usage", either using the Profiler or the Profiler (Standalone Process), unity refuses to generate data with the error shown in the title. I googled around and surprisingly found no relevant info... I tried turning on and off the "Graphics Jobs" settings to no avail. Running on rtx 3060 with 512.78 driver. Feel like I am missing some simple setting here, but I couldn't find it.

2. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Just to clarify, you add the GPU module before you start recording the data and when you start recording, it gathers CPU Usage data but not GPU Usage data?

3. Glitshy

Glitshy

I have the same issue. I am running Unity 2021.2.11f1 URP. My GPU is a RTX 1070 with newest driver.
    I first enable the GPU module and then start playing. CPU data is collected as usual.
    My "Graphics Jobs" setting was at first enabled, I tried turning it off to no avail.

However, this ONLY happens when using the standalone one. The nob-standalone works (independent of Graphics Jobs setting).

4. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

We fixed some GPU profiling incompatibilities a while ago. I can't remember the exact version but could you please retry this with the latest supported 2021.x version (2021.3.11f1 at the moment)?