Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

GPU Profiling not supported error

Discussion in '5.6 Beta' started by GoGoGadget, Feb 20, 2017.

1. GoGoGadget

GoGoGadget

Hi all,

I'm getting what looks like this issue: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...r-is-not-supported-if-playmode-is-not-enabled

But entering playmode doesn't seem to make GPU profiling work either! (aka the GPU profiler never works). 7970HD, newest (and tried older 16.x) drivers. Beta8.

Just trying to find out if there's any ETA on a fix for this? Trying to build graphics-intensive plugins/games with the beta is almost impossible without having the GPU profiler to see what's happening, particularly when trying to work with the new instancing system.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi GoGoGadget,
    If entering playmode doesn't resolve the issue it is not the same behaviour as described by the bug report you mentioned. Could you please file a new report and reply in here with the case #?

3. GoGoGadget

GoGoGadget

Seems like it's only happening in my big project, not a smaller project that I created to repro the issue. The smaller one displays the same issue as the bug, so I'll just live with it for now and hope that the other bug is the same thing/ends up being the fix.

4. QuintenAlflen

QuintenAlflen

Hi there!

I seem to be experiencing the same issue as GoGoGadget on Unity 5.5.1p4.

In a fresh and empty project the GPU profiler works fine, but in the project I am working on it behaves as the linked issue.

Except, just as GoGoGadget found out, the GPU profiler does not activate when going into play mode.

Has there already been a bug filed for this or should I go ahead and fill one in?

5. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi Quinten,
    Please go ahead and file one. Your help is much appreciated!