Search Unity

Question GPU only renders the frame every ~1 second in a build

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by The_Wb, Nov 10, 2022.

1. The_Wb

The_Wb

Okay, this is quite an interesting one
    First of all, everything works absolutely fine in the editor. This is a problem that only occurs in a build

I'm using a Gigabyte KD-15 laptop which has Intel Integrated GPU and GeForce 3060
    Having had a variety of driver issues with the Integrated GPU I've disabled it entirely. Interestingly enough, the image above is what I've been getting in the build using only the 3060
    I've tried various things like enabling and disabling vsync, adjusting different graphics settings and others, but nothing fixes the issue. For some reason the build consistently waits for 1 sec = 1 frame to render the frame.
    No other things are adjusted from the scripts, like target frame rates or quality settings.
    Starting up other games built on Unity doesn't result in the same problem
    Enabling the Integrated Graphics GPU back on results in the build working 100% fine
    Really curious what this could be caused by and wether this is a hardware or a software problem. Editor running perfectly fine makes me think there's something that can be done to make the build perform just as well