Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question GPS Coordinates Translation for HoloLens2

Discussion in 'VR' started by CraigBreenHogg3D, May 2, 2023.

1. CraigBreenHogg3D

CraigBreenHogg3D

Hey there,

Bit of a newbie when it comes to working with GPS coordinates in Unity and I have an project that needs to translate them in unity. For this project I am building for HoloLens which doesn't have built in GPS so instead I was thinking of adding an input text UI at the beginning which lets you input the GPS you are at for the lat and long values. I need to be able to store the value to calculate the offset of other GPS coordinates that have been taken down from an power platform table using the Dataverse Web API and update them as the player moves to ensure they don't stray in the playspace since the spatial mapping in HoloLens doesn't work the best in flat open areas. I am currently working on scripts for these but I was wondering if there is any examples or other possible solutions worth looking at as we were using an web app for this function but decided to change it out for something built into unity itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated more than happy to post the scripts I have set up currently if that helps!