Search Unity

Got press for invalid button index 20

Discussion in 'Linux' started by tommywright, Jan 31, 2019.

1. tommywright

tommywright

I'm getting these warnings (hundreds of them over time) while working in the editor. Is this something I should be concerned about? I don't see them under Windows and don't see them on my other Linux machine.

They seem to happen with every button click of my mouse even when I'm clicking outside of the editor. I have a Corsair Gaming mouse M65.....

Ah.. as I was writing this, I plugged in a regular Logitech mouse and the warnings stop. I like my Corsair mouse tthough. :-\

2. tommywright

tommywright

I just plugged the Corsair back in and got this message but no more warnings....
    Joystick 1 (Corsair Corsair M65 RGB Gaming Mouse) is unrecognized and will use raw control indices as reported by the driver

3. Dikkeboshond

Dikkeboshond

I'm having the same issue, did you manage to fix it?
    My machine is also running Linux.

upload_2019-7-17_10-4-33.png

4. tommywright

tommywright

Yeah.. it was my mouse! I was using this fancy, high-end gaming mouse that Linux Unity wasn't liking there. As soon as I changed to a normal mouse, that went away.

5. PixelJ

PixelJ

Unity Technologies

6. tommywright

tommywright

You don't need a project to reproduce. It happens right off the bat. The mouse that caused the issue for me was a Corsair Gaming M65 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse. Sorry I don't have time right now to file a report for it... but it's from Linux Mint 19, whatever the latest Unity was when I initially posted and the gaming mouse listed above.

PixelJ likes this.
  7. ramseycory

ramseycory

I'm also getting this error, using the same mouse. Sometimes, I have to click twice on a selection for it to "register".

8. WilfridLefebvre

WilfridLefebvre

Having similar troubles with a Logitech MxAnywhere 2S ...