Search Unity

Got bad result when bake Reflection Probe

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by sctiendat, May 12, 2021.

1. sctiendat

sctiendat

When I baked lighting by Progressive CPU, my static models got correctly lightmaps, but only bake reflection probe got bad result. I saw 6 errors "Image invalid format!" when bake reflection probe. I couldn't find any threads that got errors like that.
    That is my reflection probe after baked:
    1.PNG
    This is my bake lighting setting:
    2.PNG
    This is my reflection probe setting:
    3.PNG
    Thanks for helping!

2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey! This looks like a bug which we are not aware of. Could you please submit a bug report so that we could take a look? Thanks!

3. sctiendat

sctiendat

Sorry I can't send my project that have error.
    So I tried export this scene to an empty project, setting quality, graphic, lighting same the original project, then bake again. But everything worked normally and there aren't any errors appear. So I can't submit a bug report :(

4. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

In the Lighting window, open the Environment tab. Under the Environment Reflections header, set Compression to None. If that fixes the issue, it might be a compression-related issue.

5. EPACE

EPACE

Changing compression fixes it but only on that machine as it forcefully regenerates data for the GI cache. It could still look wrong by loading the revision on a different machine. I think Unity might be loading bad cached data, or reading it incorrectly by uncompressing data that is already uncompressed. This bug was noticed on build machines using 2021.3.7f1.

6. EPACE

EPACE

Update: the GI cache has bad data if you run a build with -nographics, in which case Unity just saves out a block of allocated memory since the GPU is not initialized to use Enlighten to generate the data, regardless if you have "Progressive CPU" selected in Unity 2021.3.7f1.