Search Unity

Question Got an UdpSdkNotDetectedError

Discussion in 'Unity Distribution Portal (UDP)' started by UEGame, Oct 31, 2020.

1. UEGame

UEGame

I built my apk following the UDP manual. For in-app purchase, I used the UDP package instead of Unity IAP. I also successly finished the sandbox test. But when uploading the apk to UDP console, I got this error "The UDP SDK was not detected in your APK. The UDP console will only accept games that implement UDP."
    I am very confused! I think the sandbox test result proves that the apk has implemented UDP properly. Can any one tells my what I did wrong?
    Best regards!

Petr777 likes this.
  2. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

This is weird, could you please open a support ticket in the UDP console so we can investigate further? Thanks.

3. Petr777

Petr777

Can you tell please did you fix this?
    We have a same situation - sandbox test is ok but UdpSdkNotDetectedError when uploading to UDP console

4. achimeno

achimeno

Try Managed Stripping Level: Low

5. jianpengwang

jianpengwang

We also have this problem, I am totally sure that udp.aar was include in our apk, Anyone can tell me how to fix it ?

6. unclejey34

unclejey34

The above error could occur if your project is missing the file Assets/Plugins/Android/Assets/GameSettings.prop (screenshot attached). This file is created when the UDP settings file is created. Can you check that GameSettings.prop is in your project (If you are using a build machine, please also check that the file is checked in to your repository)? If not, you can generate that file by recreating the UDP settings file (click on Window->Unity Distribution Portal->Settings in the Unity editor).

7. bagieta

bagieta

Serve likes this.
  8. Serve

Serve

I am having the same issue here. I have tested my game with UDP. Everything works fine. In UDP dashboard all checks are green. After uploading the .apk it shows an error that the UDK SDK is missing. I am also having the issue with UDP generating the GameSetting.prop in the Assets/Plugins/Android/Assets. It prevents me from building the project as long as that file exists. After deleting the file it can build but I am having the before mentioned issue in the UDP dashboard. This prevents me from releasing the game right now.

9. DavidTDF

DavidTDF

We're encountering the same issue with Unity 2021.3.4f1 and UDP 2.2.5.
    Without GameSettings.prop in the Assets/Plugins/Android/Assets we can't publish a new build to UDP, but with it we can't build at all because using an Assets folder in Assets/Plugins/Android isn't supported anymore.
    Is there a solution or should we just not use UDP ?

10. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

If you are using Unity IAP, please switch the IAP target to the UDP store.

11. MikhailP

MikhailP

We have solved this in latest Unity by creating android library in Assets/Plugin/Android/, and placing assets folder with GameSettings.prop there.

12. UnityGamePointStore

UnityGamePointStore

Hello Sam,

We currently have the same problem. We had to erase GameSettings.prop file because it breaks android building:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Error building Player: Exception: OBSOLETE - Providing Android resources in Assets/Plugins/Android/assets was removed, please move your resources to an AAR or an Android Library. See "AAR plug-ins and Android Libraries" section of the Manual for more details.
    We use latest UDP package 2.2.5 and Unity2021.3.4f1.

I am not sure that it is correct to manually create an .aar library and pack there GameSettings.prop file. Switching store is not a solution since we all do it, its obvious. If you want to inform us that some breaking change was made in latest UDP package or Unity - please provide wider explanation.

13. UnityGamePointStore

UnityGamePointStore

For those who have the problem - you can do androidlib instead of aar:
    upload_2022-11-18_9-53-57.png

AndroidManifest.xml
    Code (CSharp):
    1. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    2. <manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
    3.           package="com.gamepoint.udp"
    4.           android:versionCode="1"
    5.           android:versionName="1.0">
    6. </manifest>