Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Got a SIGABRT while executing native code.

Discussion in 'Experimental Scripting Previews' started by gonzorob, Jul 18, 2017.

1. gonzorob

gonzorob

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a new (reasonably empty) project with the .NET 4.6 preview. I'm getting a regular CTD with the error "Got a SIGABRT while executing native code." in the console. I'm using OSX 10.12.5 and "mono -V" is "Mono JIT compiler version 5.0.1.1"

I've attached the log. Any ideas what this could be? Is there any further information I could provide?

All thoughts / suggestions very welcome! :)

Cheers

Attached Files:

2. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

I'm not sure about the cause of this issue, but it should not be happening. Can you submit a bug report with this project and let us know what you did to cause it? We would like to track it down and correct it.

3. gonzorob

gonzorob

Hello,

It seems to be happening at random so I can't give steps to reproduce. Project has commercial assets - is there a way to submit to a non-public tracker?

Robin

4. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Yes! The description of all bug reports submitted to Unity are public by default (although they can be made private), but none of the files attached to the bug reports are public. Those files are only accessible to Unity employees.

5. gonzorob

gonzorob

It's crashing so hard the Unity bug reporter isn't loading :/

Happening about once every few hours.

EDIT1: Ok, this time it gave me the bug reporter! Uploading with same heading as this topic.

EDIT2 : Bug reporter stopped sending data (200 meg project) - so it failed, sorry!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  6. gonzorob

gonzorob

I'm also getting a Stacktrace error with "Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code." in the Console - same thing?

Log attached.

Attached Files:

7. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Based on the stack trace, this looks like a crash in the Mono C# compiler, actually.

You can use Help > Report a bug to open the bug reporter any time from the Editor. Maybe try again, even if the crash did not happen (it should be possible to attach a 200 MB project). Then include this stack trace as well in the bug report. That might be enough for us to track down the cause of the issue.

8. gonzorob

gonzorob

Didn't know you could do that :) Will submit project now.
    Might reinstall Mono - which version are you folks working off?

9. gonzorob

gonzorob

Took about 10 attempts but the project was uploaded this morning.

I've seen other developers complaining about the bug reporting system dropping out frequently on twitter - someone might want to look into it :)

10. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Unity ships with a custom version of Mono, so you should not need to install anything on the system again. Thanks for the bug report, we will investigate it!

11. Antheus-MG

Antheus-MG

i got the same bug today... It didn't have been "invetigated", right ?
    Or perhaps it has been solved after ? I work on the 2018.20.0f1

12. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately I don't recall the bug report number in this case, so I can't look up its current status. If you would like to submit a new bug report, we will be happy to have a look at it though.

13. Antheus-MG

Antheus-MG

Well, I have a slightly different version of the bug. Mine happend without any visible reason on a headless linux version. But I have the same error.

ryzeonline likes this.
  14. ryzeonline

ryzeonline

I'm having the same issue currently, my project is big and I've never submitted a bug report before, has anyone solved this?

15. deadlycrow

deadlycrow

Same here, need the final release of the build for an upcoming game and it just doesnt work, i've tried different things and it just crashes all the time. Same error said above, unity version 2019.4.12f1, any way to workaround this?¿ i'm afraid to ruin the whole project by doing a downgrade or upgrade of the engine, its a really big project so its REALLY risky, and we are approaching release date. anything i can do? @JoshPeterson

16. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Sorry, I don't recall the specific details here of the bug report so I'm not sure how it was resolved. Can you provide more details about the error message you see?

17. deadlycrow

deadlycrow

hey, so it was literally the same error: "Got a SIGABRT while executing native code.", but i already solved it. how? by downgrading to 2019.4.10f1, i could build the game without any error, so yeah, i'm guessing it has to do with the actual version.

18. aaronmichaelfrost

aaronmichaelfrost

"Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
    a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
    used by your application." Usually happens when I run one of my ai..