Search Unity

got a question about unity still new in development.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted User, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello i got a question, im still learning Development in C# still on the basics and why not, but my question is this. Is is possible to add in voice acting to your game as well as lip sync your character with cut scene's If Unity can do those kind of features im talking about 3D Environment, im right now learning more into 2D as it seems way easier for beginners, so im talking about more in the future i guess u can say im curious about that, but thx for your time if u can answer my question.

2. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Yes its possible, using blendshapes and other standard approaches. It wont be automatic, just like in most engines you will need to actually do the 3d modelling work to create a character with a decent facial rig.

I wouldnt worry about stuff like lip syncing as its probably going to be well outside of the scope of anything you will be able to make anyway, unless your thinking of assembling a team (of at least 4-6 people). "Keep it simple" should be your primary motto :)

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

yea thx :)

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I know I've seen an asset in the asset store which automates the mouth to voice syncing, so yes I'm sure it is possible in Unity. Not sure how difficult it is.