Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Gosh darn it, Unity is destroyed !!!! hit a bug that makes no sense !

Discussion in 'Prefabs' started by Jiraiyah, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Jiraiyah

Jiraiyah

Well, I was working with the test version for 3 days now, today, i imported some assets like Pro Platforms2d and few others, imported some sprites, splices, no errors, saved the project, every thing is fine. close unity, reopen unity and now.....

ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/Assembly.cs:371)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElementFactoryRegistry.DiscoverFactories () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UXML/VisualElementFactoryRegistry.cs:52)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElementFactoryRegistry.RegisterFactory (IUxmlFactory factory) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UXML/VisualElementFactoryRegistry.cs:13)
    UnityEditor.Experimental.UIElements.UXMLEditorFactories.RegisterAll () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/UIElements/Controls/UXMLEditorFactories.cs:43)
    UnityEditor.GUIView.get_panel () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUIView.cs:35)
    UnityEditor.GUIView.SetWindow (UnityEditor.ContainerWindow win) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUIView.cs:80)
    UnityEditor.View.Initialize (UnityEditor.ContainerWindow win) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/View.cs:59)
    UnityEditor.View.Initialize (UnityEditor.ContainerWindow win) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/View.cs:63)
    UnityEditor.ContainerWindow.OnEnable () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ContainerWindow.cs:124)
    UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:LoadSerializedFileAndForget(String)
    UnityEditor.WindowLayout:LoadWindowLayout(String, Boolean)

Unloading broken assembly Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.PackageManagerUI.Editor.dll, this assembly can cause crashes in the runtime

Unloading broken assembly Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.TextMeshPro.Editor.dll, this assembly can cause crashes in the runtime

Unloading broken assembly Library/ScriptAssemblies/com.unity.2d.spriteshape.Editor.dll, this assembly can cause crashes in the runtime

Unloading broken assembly Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-CSharp-Editor.dll, this assembly can cause crashes in the runtime

and the result :

Screenshot_5.png

Everything is destoyed ! no inspector, the tabs above the hierarchy view is messed up, the spliced sprites don't show up, and the errors grow more and more

2. SteenLund

SteenLund

Unity Technologies

No idea what happened there, could be anything but looks related to plugins. Not sure what to do about it.

3. Jiraiyah

Jiraiyah

I had almost all the beta plugins there for few days, don't think it was related to something like platformer pro because they shouldn't destroy unity*.dll files, when i closed unity before this, everything was fine then i reopened ,,,,,

and i think the only way to handle this right now, without having any back up of the installation folder would be to uninstall and reinstall the version !

4. Edy

Edy

Maybe it's something related with the Editor layout? You may try reverting the Layout to the factory settings:
    upload_2018-6-26_19-34-47.png