Search Unity

1. The 2022.1 beta is now available for testing. To find out what's new, have a look at our 2022.1 beta blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct here to familiarize yourself with the rules and how to post constructively.

GooglePlay & Apple App Store

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by goat, Nov 27, 2018.

1. goat

goat

Hey everybody,

I haven't messed with Unity in a good long while but now I want to make games that are free and only have iAP addons. I won't have ads either but will be using Unity Analytics. So my questions are:

1) In the GooglePlay store if I make my game free I can't ad a later date decide to charge for that game ever (unless GooglePlay has changed that rule since the last time I published) so given that I can't change a game I gave away free to a paid game can I add IAP to a free game after the game's release in a new version?
    a) If I release a game that is free but has paid IAP is that still considered a free game?

2) Same question but for the Apple App Store instead.

Thanks.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Yes, you can IAP later to a free game, this is commonly done. It is still considered a free game, as long as any IAP purchases are optional.

3. goat

goat

Thanks very much for clearing that up!

unityunity