Search Unity

Google VR Reticle Pointer not interacting in 1 particular scene (could be light probe group?)

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Ghoststrider, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Ghoststrider

Ghoststrider

Hello all,

I'm trying to use the GvrReticlePointer for a course project, but I am stuck. I have an environment, a room, with various objects that I want the player to interact with: teleport markers, UI buttons, and 3D items they can move around the scene. In order to accelerate development, I decided to forgo making a room myself and using an example room from an asset package, and then adding in other assets and my own code and scripts.

Here's the thing. In this scene, the GvrReticlePointer does not interact with anything, and I cannot select anything. In another scene however, one that is really just a flat plane that acts as a floor and some cube primitives, used to test scripts, the Pointer works fine. So I figure, there has to be something in the example room that is interfering, but for the life of me I can't figure out what. What should I be looking for?

The items I want to interact with have Event Triggers (Pointer.Down, Pointer.Up, and Pointer.click for the teleport markers) and some of them have rigidbodies and mesh colliders. They are also connected to the room's light probe group, which I only just noticed...that couldn't be the issue, could it?

As to what I have already done:
    • Increased the MaxDistance for the GVR Pointer -- no dice.
    • Tried all three Raycaster modes on the GVR script -- no dice.
    • I remember trying a third thing but now I can't remember what it was -- also no dice.
    Any ideas? What should I be looking for?