Search Unity

Bug Google Sign In Project Setup - 403 Not Authorized?

Discussion in 'Authentication' started by IronFoxSam, Mar 16, 2023.

1. IronFoxSam

IronFoxSam

Hello,

I have integrated Unity Game Services Authentication (the baseline anonymous authentication). Next I am trying to integrate with google play login and apple game center login.

When I attempted to set up google play authentication this afternoon in my project I have run into a problem.

First I followed these steps: https://docs.unity.com/authentication/en/manual/SettingupGoogleSignin#Set_up_a_Google_sign-in

When I paste my client ID into my Edit > Project Settings > Services > Authentication > Google entry, I am met with:

The Client ID I am pasting in is that of the Web Application that I created. I also tried the Android client ID (but I understand that this would be incorrect). In either case, neither works and I receive this error.

Additionally, and I'm not sure if these are related, but this entry is greyed out for me:

Is this because I don't yet have the authentication services provider configured? I.E., once I get through my initial error, can I expect this Android setup... to become available?

How can I debug what is wrong with the client ID I provided, that is disallowing the creation of the identity provider?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
  2. Julian-Unity3D

Julian-Unity3D

Unity Technologies

3. IronFoxSam

IronFoxSam

Does the official tutorial you link worked? How is it different than the issue you and I are running into?

4. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi IronFoxSam,
    The tutorial will help integrating with Google Play Games which requires you to have Google Play Games application on your device.

Could you DM me your Project and Org ID? We would like to look into this a little deeper.

5. IronFoxSam

IronFoxSam

Okay understood, thanks. DMing you our project and org ID now.

SebT_Unity likes this.