Search Unity

Question Google rejected my game for having ads not closeable after 5 sec

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by mathiasbc04, Nov 13, 2022.

1. mathiasbc04

mathiasbc04

I recieved this message:

Families ad format requirements
    Your app contains ads that do not comply with our Families ad format requirements. For example, the following is prohibited:
    • Ads that interfere with normal app use that are not closeable after 5 seconds.

My interstitial ads ARE closeable after 5 seconds, so I don't know what is wrong. (After you click on the X you enter another screen where you have to wait a little longer. If that is what caused the rejection, how can remove that second screen?)

2. Unity_Adamski

Unity_Adamski

Unity Technologies

Hi, would you be able to share your app's game ID with us, please? You can either DM me your game ID or you can open a ticket with Unity Ads Support

3. mathiasbc04

mathiasbc04

I have DM'ed you now.

4. westdev

westdev

you can do nothing in this because Unity must show the closable button, the reject is because Unity hide the closable button,and the user need to click on screen to see the closable button, and google rejected your game for this, i already said that to Unity Support months ago but they don't take it as seriously.
    i think a lot of publishers faced a lot of this rejects because of this closable button, and they switched to Admob without telling any thing to unity support.
    Unity Support take it seriously your are losing your publishers.

Captain-Awesome likes this.
  5. Unity_Adamski

Unity_Adamski

Unity Technologies

Hi @westdev I'm sorry to hear that you have been having issues with Store Rejections. The close button hiding is called UI Fade. This should not affect your approval with Google Play, if you believe it has could you please submit a ticket to us so we can investigate?
    Also, this is a feature that can be disabled upon request. However, it will result in a noticeable reduction in revenue.
    If you have submitted a ticket previously and feel that your concerns weren't properly considered could you please DM me the ticket number and I will investigate how that ticket was handled?

6. westdev

westdev

Hi ads-adam-unity

i've received tons of rejects because of this issue(UI Fade), one example "email" included as image with this reply and too the screenshot of the issue Google Support included with their email.
    "If you have submitted a ticket previously and feel that your concerns weren't properly considered":
    it's not that, my games all was removed so i had to take action before my games lose its rank.
    i knew that it's a long road with questions of Unity Support like "which unity SDK" and "project example", and i knew it's a long road because the problem was clear from Google Support it's the (UI Fade).
    i was using a open source extension developed with android studio to use unity ads, i was putting skip button after 0 second in my interstitial settings but the interstitial doesn't take UI fade effect, i don't think it's something related to the Extension that i'm using because (to implement Unity Ads in android studio there is no option related to UI Fade you can use(i think), to set skip after 0 second) . i will create project in unity Editor and test this "about 0 second" and tell you the result

Captain-Awesome likes this.
  7. westdev

westdev

i used the android studio project of Unity Ads on GitHub, i set skip after 0 second in Interstitial settings, when i show the interstitial after 5 second you unhide it for 2 second, and you hide it again.
    if you see Google Support used 2 different verification times to check about Fade UI as in the included image.

8. Unity_Adamski

Unity_Adamski

Unity Technologies

Hi @westdev

UI Fade enabled is the default setting for all Ad Units using the Unity Ads SDK. I have never seen the Play Store reject someone for this reason before.
    We can disable this setting for your app, and make the UI Fade setting visible for your Ad Units in your Org. Would you be able to send me your Unity Organisation ID and your projects' Game ID, please?

9. westdev

westdev

Hi ads-adam-unity thank you.
    maybe i got reject a lot because i didn't use any other Ads Network except Unity Ads, so when Google Support verify the compliance in my games always they find Unity Ads with UI Fade maybe that's the reason, but other publishers games sometimes Google Support find other Networks Ads when they check their games.(i don't really know).
    "i created a new Game ID to be standard for all my games when i update it with Unity Ads."
    My: Organization ID : 11270014105053

My Android Game ID : 5031399
    My IOS Game ID : 5031398
    really thank you
    ads-adam-unity.

10. westdev

westdev

if i can ask you one more question, i'm trying to create my own android library based on official UnityAds.aar (Unity Ads 4.4.1) every thing is working fine in code but i always receive in initialization the code error:"unity ads failed to initialize due to internal error", and in Unity documentation description that mean that it's : "An internal Unity Ads service error occurred.". but i didn't get what that mean.
    what can cause this error?
    thank you ads-adam-unity

Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
  11. westdev

westdev

about the library error, now it's working fine the cause was that i didn't add the scar adapters to the library : )
    thank you.

12. Unity_Adamski

Unity_Adamski

Unity Technologies

Hi @westdev thanks for sharing your org ID with me. I have gone ahead and enabled the UI Fade toggle for your account. You should now be able to configure this for each of your Ad Units in your Ad Unity's settings.

13. westdev

westdev

14. justinjean2019

justinjean2019

You should make it possible for all users to disable this setting, this option effect people who is creating apps for kids, for people who creating apps for 13+ is not a problem
    Please disable this setting for my app to not show ads not closeable after 5 sec
    My Android Game ID : 5211673

15. QuadrantGames

QuadrantGames

I have the same issue, google will reject games with audiences < 13 that have these interstitial ads with fade. I will be requesting the fade toggle as well.

16. lanceroy

lanceroy

Hello can I also get the UI Fade Toggle?
    I got rejected for "Ads that interfere with normal app use that aren’t closeable after 5 seconds."

My game is for target audiences below 13.

17. vonom

vonom

It looks that we have the same issue.
    We received png from Google which presents two screenshots from add, one at the beginning and one at the end. Lack of skip/close button on both of them. For sure it's about UI Fade.

Please allow us to disable UI Fade in Android Game ID 5385784

18. Yasuyuki

Yasuyuki

Unity Technologies

@vonom
    Hello,
    I've looked into your dashboard of the Android game (Game ID: 5385784) and confirmed that those UI Fade settings have been disabled. Please let me know if you have anything I can help with.

vonom likes this.
  19. mathiasbc04

mathiasbc04

Hi again, my new game got removed from the Play Store for the same reason. Is someone able to disable UI fade for this game too? Android game ID is 5417169

20. Yasuyuki

Yasuyuki

Unity Technologies

Sorry for the delay. I've just changed the UI fade to disable for Game ID: 5417169 which is Android ad units.

21. mathiasbc04

mathiasbc04

Thank you. Unity should let you disable this by yourself. Google Play won't accept your game if you're targeting families.

LilGames likes this.
  22. zuanzike

zuanzike

Same thing happened on Huawei appStore

23. pkilinski13

pkilinski13

Please allow us to disable UI Fade in Android Game ID 5484685 (Overhead Studio)

24. berobasket

berobasket

Please allow us to disable UI Fade in:
    - Android Game ID: 5499173
    - iOS Game ID 5499172

25. tres_games

tres_games

Please disable UI Fade in Android Game ID 5506231.