Search Unity

Google reject APK, require 64-bit version

Discussion in 'Android' started by RichyK, Jan 23, 2020.

1. RichyK

RichyK

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a free version of one of my apps in the Play Store but Google keep rejecting it, saying I need to provide a 64-bit version. I am using Unity 2017.4.26f1, have Scripting Backend set to IL2CPP, Api Compatibility Level set to .Net 2.0 Subset, and have Armv7 and ARM64 ticked, and x86 unticked. These are the same settings I use in another project of mine that Google DO accept.

However, when building from Unity and uploading, Google reject it.

Error
    This release is not compliant with the Google Play 64-bit requirement

The following APKs or App Bundles are available to 64-bit devices, but they only have 32-bit native code: 9.

Include 64-bit and 32-bit native code in your app. Use the Android App Bundle publishing format to automatically ensure that each device architecture receives only the native code it needs. This avoids increasing the overall size of your app. Learn More

When I view the stats within Google for the APK just uploaded, it says

Native platforms
    arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, x86

But I've unticked x86. I had this problem with my other game, unticked x86, and rebuilt and uploaded it (several weeks ago) and it was accepted. With this app, it is not accepting it.

Is this a Google-side issue or a Unity issue? And what I can I do to get my game in the Play Store? I already have a paid version of this, I'm trying to add a free version with ads.

Thanks,

Richard

2. RichyK

RichyK

It's certainly Unity. My other app says

Native platforms
    arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a

and that is built using the same version of Unity and the same options ticked/unticked.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

3. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

You probably have some plugins that include native libraries compiled for the x86 architecture. Identify those plugins and remove x86 libraries from them.

4. xVergilx

xVergilx

Use Android Studio APK Analyzer to unpack the AAB you've compiled. See if it contains x32 libraries.
    This way you'll at least know which plugin it is.

5. RichyK

RichyK

Thanks to all!