Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Google Play's Privacy Policy regarding the country of use of the app and the Low Accuracy of Locatio

Discussion in 'Android' started by GHEBAH, Jun 4, 2021.

1. GHEBAH

GHEBAH

Good afternoon!

I want to post the game on Google Play, I wrote them a letter with a question, but given my previous 6 letters that were simply ignored, I do not even expect an answer from them.

The questions relate to legal issues. For example, there are two developer articles on Google Play:
    https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/9857753/Реклама and

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/9888170/Разрешения
    It states: "Under no circumstances can you request access to location data if it will only be used for advertising and analytics" In my app 2 ads, unity ads and admix
    Admix Privacy Policy https://docs.admix.in/docs/data/user-privacy . To work, it needs a Location(the country in which the user lives).

This raises several questions. How can I use admix if it needs the user's country of residence to work, and Google Play prohibits requesting this information ONLY for displaying ads. In my games, there is no functionality for which the user's country of residence could still be useful. In addition, I do not know how to request this information, in my opinion, when starting the game, a die from Android should appear, stating that the device requests permission for this data, but even putting a check mark in the unity "Low Accuracy Location" when running on the phone, no permission is requested, besides, I am not sure what data is taken when activating " Low Accuracy Location" only the country, or something else.

2. GHEBAH

GHEBAH

I would like to know more about all this, so as not to be permanently blocked in the first week of using the app, I understand that most of what I asked you about does not apply to you, but perhaps you have information in these matters, because most of the applications created with your Android engine are distributed through Google Play

I also wrote to admix, but decided to check with you, too, while waiting for an answer

3. GHEBAH

GHEBAH

Also, Google Play requires that the game has a link but the full privacy policy, I am not a lawyer at all and am not fully competent in this matter, I created the following link: https://25792579-2011.wixsite.com/politika If you have an idea of what a privacy policy should look like and you are willing to help me, I would be very happy

4. GHEBAH

GHEBAH

For me, the most difficult thing is the legal aspects. Writing a game, an idea, and so on do not raise so many questions. And I think that most of your developers (using your engine). Also faces these questions, it would be fun to deal with this question here, so that the next "pioneers" already have ready-made answers. I will also enter here all the information that will become known to me and my experience

5. GHEBAH

GHEBAH

6. GHEBAH

GHEBAH

I came across another interesting point related to admix. The fact is that in Google Play at some point you will be asked "what is your target age group" and if you check the boxes for the age of less than 13 years, you can see information that all advertising that is contained in the application must pass certification, because where there is no certification, there may be advertising for something that can not be shown to children Unity ads is included in the list of certified services, but admix is NOT. Therefore, you have to choose the item "from 13 years" and everything would be fine, but then you will be asked "can this application interest children under 13 years? "and then you will have to answer" yes " because this is a game and another answer will be a lie. After that, on the app page in Google Play, next to your game there will be an inscription "Not intended for children" which is a big problem.

7. GHEBAH

GHEBAH

Admix is a cool service at first glance (I did not actually try to profit from it, I will not say for sure), but after such problems with it, questions arise about whether it is still worth using it

8. GHEBAH

GHEBAH

Response from Admix technical support from discord channel
    "I am form Admix technical support, thank you for your questions.
    You still can publish your app in Google Play Store. Admix does not use Android device location services. Admix determines the geolocation of the ad request based on the IP from where it was requested.

Also, we auto-block any gambling/adult/political ads by default on our end. If you have kids under 13 on your platform, you can add an age gate and only show ads to users old enough to opt-in.
    If you have any other questions, feel free to reach me directly in private channel"

9. GHEBAH

GHEBAH

10. GHEBAH

GHEBAH

In the end, I asked a question and answered it myself, heh) This is not a stone in the garden of unity technical support, I just laugh at myself, I always do this, I always manage to find information only after I have asked questions everywhere). I will try to supplement this form in the future with my experience, if it is successful, the following will be able to completely copy my privacy policy by changing only the name of the game, company and mail at the end.