Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Google Play x86 Deny

Discussion in 'Android' started by imaewyn, Aug 16, 2019.

1. imaewyn

imaewyn

Hello. I'm using unity 2019.2 and trying to upload my android app in market. And I see that I can't do this because this is 32-bit application. What should i do? Unity player settings don't allow build 64-build app

chuck666 likes this.
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Build with the IL2CPP option instead of Mono, in Player Settings.

3. imaewyn

imaewyn

I built with IL2CPP and .net 4x and still have this problem

chuck666 likes this.
  4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Are you sure the build completed successfully? I generally change the APK filename for each build to confirm. Are you submitting a single APK or an app bundle?

5. imaewyn

imaewyn

I use apk. My project worked perfectly until 1 august and I didn't have any troubles to upload it((

chuck666 likes this.
  6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

What happened on Aug 1? Perhaps that was the 64-bit deadline. Are you able to answer my other question?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  7. imaewyn

imaewyn

Earlier I've been built single apk for x86, now I make only other platforms which unity allow make

chuck666 likes this.
  8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

So the 64-bit deadline, I'm assuming. And again - Are you sure the IL2CPP 64-bit build completed successfully? I generally change the APK filename for each build to confirm.

9. imaewyn

imaewyn

Unity don't allow build 64-bit, only 32. An yes I shoose IL2CPP

chuck666 likes this.
  10. imaewyn

imaewyn

This is my settings

11. AlexHell

AlexHell

I try to build 64bit for android market

Unity Editor Version = Unity 2018.4.6f1 (64-bit)
    Backend = IL2CPP

If I build one APK with only one ARM64 checkbox - then build is complete (can't test on device yet)

But when I build with all 3 checkboxes ARMv7 + ARM64 + x86 https://prnt.sc/ou91zq
    then build crashes - il2cpp
    (the IOException ??? marks is not readable in console too)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. ObjectFiles: 574 of which compiled: 0
    2. Total compilation time: 302 milliseconds.
    3. il2cpp.exe didn't catch exception: System.IO.IOException: ?????????? ????? ?? ???.
    5.   ? System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    6.   ? System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
    7.   ? NiceIO.NPath.CopyWithDeterminedDestination(NPath absoluteDestination, Func`2 fileFilter)
    8.   ? System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext()
    9.   ? System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
    10.   ? System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
    11.   ? Unity.IL2CPP.Building.CppProgramBuilder.PostprocessObjectFiles(HashSet`1 objectFiles, CppToolChainContext toolChainContext)
    12.   ? Unity.IL2CPP.Building.CppProgramBuilder.Build(IBuildStatistics& statistics)
    13.   ? Unity.IL2CPP.Building.Statistics.BuildingTestRunnerHelper.BuildAndLogStatsForTestRunner(CppProgramBuilder builder, IBuildStatistics& statistics)
    14.   ? il2cpp.Program.DoRun(String[] args)
    15.   ? il2cpp.Program.Run(String[] args)
    16.   ? il2cpp.Program.Main(String[] args)
    17. stderr:
    19. ?????????? ??????: System.IO.IOException: ?????????? ????? ?? ???.
    21.   ? System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    22.   ? System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
    23.   ? NiceIO.NPath.CopyWithDeterminedDestination(NPath absoluteDestination, Func`2 fileFilter)
    24.   ? System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext()
    25.   ? System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
    26.   ? System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
    27.   ? Unity.IL2CPP.Building.CppProgramBuilder.PostprocessObjectFiles(HashSet`1 objectFiles, CppToolChainContext toolChainContext)
    28.   ? Unity.IL2CPP.Building.CppProgramBuilder.Build(IBuildStatistics& statistics)
    29.   ? Unity.IL2CPP.Building.Statistics.BuildingTestRunnerHelper.BuildAndLogStatsForTestRunner(CppProgramBuilder builder, IBuildStatistics& statistics)
    30.   ? il2cpp.Program.DoRun(String[] args)
    31.   ? il2cpp.Program.Run(String[] args)
    32.   ? il2cpp.Program.Main(String[] args)
    34. UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    35. UnityEditorInternal.Runner:RunProgram(Program, String, String, String, CompilerOutputParserBase) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/BuildUtils.cs:128)
    36. UnityEditorInternal.Runner:RunManagedProgram(String, String, String, CompilerOutputParserBase, Action`1) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/BuildUtils.cs:73)
    37. UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPBuilder:RunIl2CppWithArguments(List`1, Action`1, String) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:370)
    38. UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPBuilder:RunCompileAndLink() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:249)
    39. UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPUtils:RunCompileAndLink(String, String, IIl2CppPlatformProvider, Action`1, RuntimeClassRegistry) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:49)
    40. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    Instead of ONE APK, I take 2 APK
    - 64bit-only
    - 32bit-only

Other question - Can I upload it to google market? May be it's good to have separated APK's to increase download speed for users. But I can't use Android App Bundle, due to usage of OBB file (resoures of my app).

-----
    p.s. I have uploaded two APKs
    - 32bit-only, versionCode = 1
    http://prntscr.com/oub6yr

- 64bit-only, versionCode = 2
    http://prntscr.com/oub72q

.. but google play console complains
    http://prntscr.com/oub6l2
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Error
    2. This release is not compliant with the Google Play 64-bit requirement
    3. The following APKs or App Bundles are available to 64-bit devices, but they only have 32-bit native code: 1.
    i.e. I can't publish my app (in inner test version, not google release)

I don't know - how to properly upload 2 apks: 32bit + 64bit.
    Is it bug in unity or in google play console?

Also posted the bug in google tracker
    I can't upload two APKs to Google Play Console, due to bug in google play console - it doesn't see the 64-bit version, and complains about it
    https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/139631026

@JeffDUnity3D answer please, it's show-stopper!

------
    p.s. now the build is complete
    .. after some another retrties, i take the error about 7z
    "Failed to compress IL2CPP symbol files."
    and I understand the error due to not enough free space on disk, and after clearing the disk - error is gone
    .. but 1st error was not "Failed to compress IL2CPP symbol files." but "IOException", i.e. another error without normal explanation

my current error is Play Console warning
    https://prnt.sc/oucv36
    https://prnt.sc/oucv5x

Code (CSharp):
    2. Unoptimised APK
    4. Warning:
    6. This APK results in unused code and resources being sent to users. Your app could be smaller if you used the Android App Bundle. By not optimising your app for device configurations, your app is larger to download and install on users' devices than it needs to be. Larger apps see lower installation success rates and take up storage on users' devices.
    8. Resolution:
    10. Use the Android App Bundle to automatically optimise for device configurations, or manage it yourself with multiple APKs.
    It's the warning, not the error, but the button "roll out" is disabled http://prntscr.com/oucx8s

------
    p.s. this warning is not the case of gray "roll out" button.. the reason is not-filled-pages-on-left of Play Console

------

Anyway 1 GiB of symbol.zip file is a huge. It's space and time consuming for creating it (for Release! not for debug)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    FlorianBernard likes this.
  12. yahiaanum

yahiaanum

Hey
    imaewyn are You Found any solution Cz i have same problem !

unityunity