Search Unity

Google play Violation of Advertising ID

Discussion in 'Android' started by mistergreen2016, Sep 19, 2018.

1. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You could use the Data Privacy Plugin https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityAnalyticsDataPrivacy.html

2. Sylker

Sylker

I got rid of all Unity Services libraries and packages but still had my app refused by Google. Their email after my appeal states as follow:

I tried to find out what's trying to get Android Device ID and Ads ID (I never used Ads...) with no success. My solution for now is change the target audience not to include children under 13. My app was designed for children thus I'm not collecting any data at all but somehow Unity does and I have zero control over this. I hope someday I can retarget my app back to children, for now I'm just too tired to try others solutions.

MartinFoxAndSheep and AcidArrow like this.
  3. mistergreen2016

mistergreen2016

You guys can try to gradle build and to see and strip out the Ads framework in Android Studio?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We are working on a solution

mancuso likes this.
  5. Sylker

Sylker

Thanks for the feedback, Jeff. I really appreciate it. :)

6. EmilieCollard191

EmilieCollard191

Hello is there some kind of bug tracker? Or do you have some kind of timeline? We can't update our app because of this.

Thanks

7. MartinFoxAndSheep

MartinFoxAndSheep

Our apps are also affected by the issue.

We are offering apps for children that include IAPs using the Unity IAP plugin.

We are currently unable to update them due to "violating the Google Play Developer Program Policies".

In particular:

"For example, we detected that your app collects the following personal and sensitive information:
    * Advertising ID
    * Android Device ID"

A timely solution would be highly appreciated. And if there is a bug tracker for this I would gladly give out all my bug credits :)

UPDATE

It seem the issue got fixed. See this thread for details:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/goo...rmation-rejecting-my-app.885223/#post-5966699

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020