Search Unity

Google Play rejected game with unityAd.

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by mbhagat, Feb 19, 2018.

1. mbhagat

mbhagat

Hello,
    I have used unity ads for android game.
    Game update got rejected with this message from google play team.
    Your app was rejected for violating the ads policy. Your app's advertisements are inappropriate for the intended audience of your app.
    I am using only unity ads.
    Game age rating is 12 plus.
    Game Link
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.citystreetfightinggames.steetragefighter
    What changes we need to do in unity ads setting?
    Any Idea?
    It is really unfair that developer face such issue because of unityad team issue.

2. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

Hi,

You can adjust the ad filtering settings from the dashboard if you select project -> platforms (left hand menu) -> click on Android / Google Play -> settings

From filtering settings you need to ensure your ad filtering corresponds with the age rating of your game on Google Play.

If you have any concerns about this - feel free to reach the support anytime at unityads-support@unity3d.com

Kind regards,

3. mbhagat

mbhagat

Thank you for quick reply.
    Which category are sensitive and should be blocked?
    your experience is wider than newbie like me.
    With Admob I never needed to do that .

4. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

Hi,

The age filtering should be enough in this case - just exclude all content that is rated 13+

The age filtering is on the right side under the ad filtering tab.

Kind regards,

5. mbhagat

mbhagat

Hi,
    Thanks !
    Let me re update game with changes you have suggested.
    I have done it as you said.

6. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Note that the changes applied from the dashboard don't require you to re-upload your game - they start taking effect in a few minutes in existing builds that run Ads with this game ID.

7. Meepo0

Meepo0

Hii,
    So my game got removed from google play store because it say that
    "
    Issue: Violation of Usage of Android Advertising ID policy and section 4.8 of the Developer Distribution Agreement

Google Play requires developers to provide a valid privacy policy when the app requests or handles sensitive user or device information. We’ve identified that your app collects and transmits the Android advertising identifier, which is subject to a privacy policy requirement. If your app collects the Android advertising ID, you must provide a valid privacy policy in both the designated field in the Play Console, and from within the app."

What Should i do?? Thanks for the help in advance :)

8. DenisasK

DenisasK

Unity Technologies

9. Falcao_BRA

Falcao_BRA

Thanks!!!

10. npivcevic

npivcevic

Hi, my game got rejected because a gambling ad was shown but I had selected "Do not show ads rated 9+" in Unity ad filters (the game is rated 9+ on google play). Should I manually disable certain categories (for example: "Lottery and Gambling")? I'm not sure if this is the right way because the ad categories do not mach the prohibited category requirements from google play: https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/9898834/ - for example there is no "Violent Content" category to filter in Unity ads. Thank you for your help!

11. kyle-unity

kyle-unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @npivcevic we've recently seen a wave of ads that are listed on Google Play as being non-gambling and suitable for children, but then run ads on our network with gambling content.

We're working on a solution to prevent this. In the meantime, you can report these ads to unityads-support@unity3d.com and we can block them for you - make sure to include the information from the Build Info screen, accessed from the end card of the offending ads.

12. kyle-unity

kyle-unity

Unity Technologies

For the benefit of lurkers reading this thread, we always recommend setting up comprehensive category filters in addition to age filters to help your app effectively block the types of ads you don't want to see in your game.

For example, you might want to filter out gambling ads, so you would select the Lottery and Gambling ad filter. However, some gambling apps may be listed with a different category on the App Store or Google Play Store - e.g. a Poker app may be listed as a Card game, so you may wish to add that as a filter too for added safety.

13. othmaniislem1

othmaniislem1

Hey i uploaded an app on google play store with unity ads but they rejected it saying that the ads in my app are not clearly distinguishable. I think they mean that real ads are not showing to them? Is there any fix to this please

14. Adenio_Fuchs

Adenio_Fuchs

It's frustrating!
    I'm using Unity 2020.3.031f1, and I'm NOT using any data capture method (ads, or analytics), and yet Google rejected the apps for violating their privacy policy:

About Families Policy Requirements
    Apps targeting children should not broadcast the following from children or users of unknown age:
    Android Advertising ID (AAID)
    SIM Serial
    Serial Build
    BSSID
    MAC
    SSID
    IMEI and/or IMSI

I have already submitted the app 9 times, making changes suggested in the various internet forums, and so far nothing has worked.

Please Unity, how can we resolve this once and for all?

Thanks

15. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You can use Charles Proxy to see exactly what information your game may be sending https://support.unity.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002917683-Using-Charles-Proxy-with-Unity . If necessary, you can save this as a .chls file and include it in your appeal.

16. Adenio_Fuchs

Adenio_Fuchs

I don't understand WHY I should do this... it's already clear in Unity's privacy policy that this data IS CAPTURED... We don't need to check "what data" is being captured, the engine developers already know that! What we need is a WAY to REMOVE this imposition so we can make apps for kids WITHOUT capturing any data. This is currently impossible, but required by Google (or by law).
    To get an idea of the inconvenience, we were forced to adjust the age range of our apps, which is for children under 8 years old, to 18 YEARS!!!

17. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We don't know which services you have enabled, or what other components in your game you may be using. Or what data your game logic may be capturing. The privacy policy isn't clear on this, the *Yes mention implies this information may be sent by your code which we have no control. It only takes a few minutes to confirm using Charles Proxy. You can also use this capture in your appeal. To remove all data from being sent, disable all online services including ads and don't use any web request calls.

18. Adenio_Fuchs

Adenio_Fuchs

Hi Jeff, and thanks for responding.
    As mentioned above, we are NOT using any data capture methods (ads or analytics), and Google has rejected the apps for violating their privacy policy!
    We do not use any services and components that can capture or send data from our apps. Also, we have already disabled all online services (included in Unity).
    Even so, we will do the suggested test as soon as possible.

19. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Great. Please save your capture as a .chls file and send it to me in a private message, I'll take a look. Even if it's still encrypted, I'll still likely be able draw some conclusions.