Search Unity

google play reject because of ads label

Discussion in 'Unity Ads' started by morongames, Oct 21, 2018.

1. morongames

morongames

This is message What should I do?

After a recent review, 2D Grounds io - Realtime Online Multiplayer Game (com.mirugame.ground) has been removed from Google Play due to a policy violation. This app won’t be available to users until you submit a compliant update.

Issue: Violation of Deceptive Ads policy

We don’t allow apps that contain deceptive or disruptive ads.

For example, we don’t allow:

Ads that aren’t clearly labeled (screenshot included)
    Submit your app for another review

Read through the Deceptive Ads policy and make appropriate changes to your app. Be sure to remove any ads that violate the Deceptive Ads policy.
    Make sure that your app is compliant with all other Developer Program Policies. Additional enforcement could occur if there are further policy violations.
    Sign in to your Play Console and submit the update to your app.
    If you’ve reviewed the policy and feel our decision may have been in error, please reach out to our policy support team. One of my colleagues will get back to you within 2 business days.

Thanks for your continued support of Google Play.

Best,

The Google Play Review Team

Attached Files:

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Unity Technologies

If I understand correctly, Google says that it's not obvious that your "10 gems" button will show an ad? I believe you need to make it more clear, e.g. somehow have text which says "Watch ad to get 10 gems"?

/Rasmus

tailorjay likes this.
  3. technicat

technicat

A potential problem I see is that some Unity Ads start immediately as a gameplay video that displays no indication that it’s an ad or even a video. I just saw this on my own app and even though I was expecting an ad, the appearance was confusing.

4. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Unity Technologies

We do have guidelines for what sort of content is allowed in ads, but don't think we have any guidelines saying that the video should follow a specific "structure". Based on experience of which types of ads actually do work in games, we recommend to show rewarded ads in games, i.e. where the user is given the choice of watching the ad. This way, an ad shouldn't come as a surprise to the player. Although a bit dated, https://blogs.unity3d.com/2015/04/15/a-designers-guide-to-using-video-ads/ still has good recommendations on how to best integrate ads into games.

/Rasmus

technicat likes this.