Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Closed] Google Play Promo Codes not working

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by dg_jiro, Jan 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg_jiro

dg_jiro

We have a working Unity IAP in our game and the IAP works just fine. I recently added Promotional codes in the Google play console but it seems that the promo codes still isn't working.

I was under the assumption that a working Unity IAP automatically means that Google Play's promo codes will automatically work based on this:
    https://answers.unity.com/questions/1166547/promo-codes.html

Are there extra steps that are needed to be done in order to fully integrate the Promotional codes?

Also, I have noticed that the Promo code items aren't being saved/consumed since I can keep on using one same code over and over again and the IAP window will still show the Redeem buttons and Open App buttons afterwards. I have no idea why this is happening. What do you think?

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@dg_jiro Are you testing in Alpha/Beta or in Release?

3. jvincealo

jvincealo

I can't honestly remember if the apk I tested was uploaded in the Alpha/Beta that's why it isn't working, but I tried it in the live version and it seems to work fine. I'll try checking it in other devices if I can replicate it in the live version then there may be an actual issue. Thanks

4. dg_jiro

dg_jiro

ˆsorry I accidentally used a different account.

Still in the topic of promo codes, I would like to ask about Amazon's IAP. Does Unity IAP automatically support Amazon's gift codes similar to Google's promo codes? I mean, do I have to code something or I just have to generate the codes in the Amazon appstore similar to the Play Store and the codes will automatically work?

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I don't believe we have tested Amazon gift codes. Are they not working for you? What Amazon documentation would you be referring to?

6. dg_jiro

dg_jiro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.