Search Unity

Google play Pre-launch report problem on Pixel 2, too much time to start

Discussion in 'Android' started by Suduckgames, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Suduckgames

Suduckgames

Hi, I just looked to the pre-launch report of my apk for Google Play and It seems like it have a problem on Pixel 2.

Since the first scene that is loaded is the unity's one, I think that it may be a unity-issue.

Someone also experienced this problem?

not_working.png

2. amjaliks

amjaliks

Have you video what does robot do during these 30 s?
    We have the same warning with every upload. In our case during this time tries to sign up for Play Games account.

3. Suduckgames

Suduckgames

Yes , I am also using Google Play Games account and when the robot tries to log in, they miminize the app.

However, As I understand it ( and google says) It is the cold start time.

It means that It took 30s, to start the app on the first time since it has been installed.

Are you having problems on the start time or on performance?

4. sebastiaanPaladin

sebastiaanPaladin

Hi! we are seeing the exact same behaviour on our app ever since they started testing on the Pixel 2.
    As you can see our startup times are generally a bit longer than your example, yet the pixel2 takes the cake by being more than 26 times longer than average in this case.

It seems to be a faulty report, as far as I can tell. The provided videos of other tests are longer (16 sec on Pixel vs. 10 sec on Pixel 2) and it doesn't seem to take 26 seconds in the video at all.

We have been releasing updates to our app every 2 weeks now since a few months and the behaviour in the test is always the same, pixel 2 taking way too long to start. I have a physical Pixel 2 to test and it doesn't seem to take any longer than any other device to start up. Also, I think the pixel 2 is the most powerful or at least one of them on this list so it really doesn't make any sense that it should take this long.

So in short, I don't think this is anything to worry about.

upload_2018-8-29_15-34-58.png

Suduckgames likes this.
  5. Suduckgames

Suduckgames

Thank you very much for your post and insights.

As you mentioned, Its seems like a report fault. I hope that this is not affecting the ASO of the game.