Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Google Play marked my game with Unity Ads as Deceptive

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Dreeka, Oct 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dreeka

Dreeka

Hello,

My game is getting rejected from Google Play, because of the following reasons:

Issue: Violation of Deceptive Ads policy
    We don’t allow apps that contain deceptive or disruptive ads.
    For example, we don’t allow:

• Ads that aren’t clearly labeled (screenshot included)
    • Ads that impersonate the user interface of the phone’s operating system (screenshot included)
    • Ads that impersonate the user interface of another app (screenshot included)
    • Ads that impersonate a notification or warning (screenshot included)

They have also sent me a screenshot from a Unity Video ad.

Is there any solution to this?

Attached Files:

2. Dreeka

Dreeka

A new build has been rejected as well with this issue, along with an update to an already accepted game. Any update on this?

3. RaRdqq

RaRdqq

Same problem today, any solution?

4. webprom

webprom

Having same problem, guys. The game was in store for more than a month and yesterday it was removed from store. Received email about Violation of Deceptive Ads policy.

Could be an issue that reward video is not skippable? If add skip after 1 sec, could it be a solution?

5. bart_the_13th

bart_the_13th

This... Maybe you should clearly states what that button does

6. Brathnann

Brathnann

Is that screenshot your store in your app?

7. webprom

webprom

I resubmitted the game and received rejection status with same reason. I attached screenshot from the email.

Attached Files:

8. Brathnann

Brathnann

If the screenshot is your app, then it's nothing to do with Unity ads. Google is thus informing you the way a user views your ad is misleading, or whatever trigger mechanism for your ad may seem misleading.

If the screenshot is an ad that is being played, then Unity may need to look at the ad, as it's possible the ad itself may be misleading in some way. Not sure how you report an ad as being misleading to Unity honestly though.

DenisasK likes this.
  9. Mauri

Mauri

You probably need to make it more clear what the button does or what it is for. Right now, it's just a Play button. I wouldn't expect it to open an AD.

Games, that give the player something (e.g. a free life), usually place a text like "Watch a video for a free life" in their "Game Over" screen. Or an interstitial. This way, the player doesn't need to either wait countless hours for the lifes to replenish or use real money for virtual money (coins, gems, ...).

sean244 likes this.
  10. webprom

webprom

Guys, thanks for advice.
    I'll add some additional pop-window to clarify a propose of that button. Will keep you updated about it.

11. Shayke

Shayke

I have the same problem!!!
    Please notify me when you solve it, Thanks!

12. Brathnann

Brathnann

You will have to solve it yourself. If your app is unclear on what triggers an ad view, it may be considered misleading. So you will need to adjust your app.

13. Shayke

Shayke

I use ads when the player leave the scene every 7 times.

14. Mauri

Mauri

15. Shayke

Shayke

16. Brathnann

Brathnann

You will have to contact Google. If they didn't tell you what violates, you need to find out from them what reason they denied your ads. I don't think it's related to Unity's ads directly though, based on what I'm seeing in the other post.

17. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@Shayke "I use ads when the player leave the scene every 7 times." is likely the violation. Are you clearly telling the user this is happening?

18. Shayke

Shayke

Ok so i made some changes, they sent me screen shots of what i am doing wrong.
    I had some button for incentive but it wasnt clear to them, i changed it and now its ok.
    about the 7 times, i changed it to interstatial ads, why should i report about that to the user?

19. Suduckgames

Suduckgames

I imagine that the problem comes with the video. In your screenshots you both use the VIDEO icon. So users could think that you are going to show them a VIDEO ( a normal one, like a youtube video) instead of an AD, this is missleading and I think that this is causing the problem. You can add the AD word to the icon to clarify the intention

Deleted User likes this.
  20. webprom

webprom

After the first rejection i added pop-up window that basically offer to watch video and earn diamonds (attached the screenshot). And it worked, now the game is live on GS.

I also added counting window appearing, and it stops show up after the 3 appearances. It's excess step, when player already know what will be if he tap this button.

Attached Files:

mayankela21 likes this.
  21. mayankela21

mayankela21

Thankyou For Answer and Menstion in Screenshot
    I also Same problem!
    Nice to Helpme

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.