Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Google Play Licence Key.

Discussion in 'Android' started by TIGGYsmalls, Nov 18, 2013.

1. TIGGYsmalls

TIGGYsmalls

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/3190

I understand that this is the Package I need to implement my Google Licence Key but I just don't understand what I'm supposed to do. I have read and re-read this https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/GooglePlayLicenseVerification and it makes less and less sense. I don't even know if the "LVL public key" and the "LICENCE KEY" are even the same things.

I am not smart enough to work this out, I've been using Playmaker to do the whole of my game. I don't understand code at all.

How do I get the Licence key in my game? It looked so easy on older versions of Unity.

2. bitter

bitter

Unity Technologies

If you don't know how to add code to properly protect your game the LVL key is more or less useless. May I ask why do you need the LVL package? What is it you are trying to achieve?

3. angel_m

angel_m

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  4. TIGGYsmalls

TIGGYsmalls

bitter - I just want to add it to the Google Play store. I thought you needed the code and service binder to do this so you could update the game if you needed to?

I was going to put it up for 10p but realised you have to put it up for a minimum of 99p. I think I'll have to put it up for free because its not going to be able to compete. I asked the guy who made Playmaker to make an action for it and he kindly put it on the to-do list but there's quite a long list of this he's got to do.

I just want to get this game out. I know its not something that's going to light peoples imaginations but it's taken ages to do and I don't want to fall at the last hurdle.

https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/GooglePlayLicenseVerification

So, in short, no, I have done nothing to obfuscate my code and the game will go up for free so there is no need for the CheckLVLButon?

5. bitter

bitter

Unity Technologies

No, there is no need for the LVL to get published on Google Play

6. OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Isn't it used if you have in-game purchasing?

7. TSSTUDIOS

TSSTUDIOS

reading this posts are making me depressed, u use lvl to check if if you app was downloaded from market, if it was not downloaded from playstore it ll return as null , and then you can input a function right after returns null and redirect them to th eplaystore listening, aswell as if returns null you can enable ads, lets say u release a pro game no ads for 99 cents, if it gets hacked like myne do with over 40k runs on firstdays enabling ads can grant you around 1 k just using lvl to redirect hackers to get ads

jimrota likes this.
  8. Crichton333

Crichton333

Isnt there some better protection against hacking ?

jimrota likes this.
unityunity