Search Unity

Google Play - App Removed - Collecting Sensitive Information

Discussion in 'Android' started by Geads, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Geads

Geads

Hello everyone,

My app has gotten removed off google play for collecting sensitive information.

Here is what they had to say,

"
    For example, we detected that your app collects the following personal and sensitive information:

• Android Device ID
    • Advertising ID
    Please contact Unity and request for the following compliant versions: Unity 2019.4.1f1 and 2018.4.24f1.
    "

I do not use any ads, analytics, or IAP, how do I fix this? Do i need to use the unity versions specified or can I use 2019.4.2f1?

2. mbowen89

mbowen89

3. Geads

Geads

That thread states the bug was fixed in Unity 2019.4.1f1 and I used the even newer Unity 2019.4.2f1 and it still got denied. I removed the Analytics/IAP packages as well to be sure nothing is being called

4. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Unity needs to provide us with a simple checkbox that once we tick it, it makes sure no data are accessed or transmitted.

Despite what Unity thinks, not everyone is interested in making data driven bullshit games.

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We are working on it. To be clear, we are not resisting the issue for the sake of data collection, we are trying to figure it out as fast as we can so you the developers can be successful! We've had to bring in the legal folks in addition to engineering and get many people together from both companies, and then turn this big ship quickly and safely. The stores look to be inspecting binaries more closely now in addition to testing over the wire. There may be legacy code in the binary that is not actually being used at runtime. We are looking into this also.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    AcidArrow likes this.
  6. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Cool. I'm just making sure that my voice is heard as someone that doesn't really care about data collection and is really frustrated by how hard it is (and, I mean, it was even harder, so I'll acknowledge we're on the right path here) to make a game that doesn't collect (or appear to collect) anything at all.

7. Geads

Geads

Can anyone provide clear instructions on how to remove advertising ID and device ID? I have everything turned off in services

8. Geads

Geads

Bump, Still having this issue with google, they keep saying use 2019.4.1f.1 but wouldn't 2019.4.2f work? And why doesn't it?