Search Unity

Google Play API warnings started today

Discussion in 'Android' started by Kurt-Dekker, May 12, 2019.

1. Jushik

Jushik

Same bunch of warnings here

2. DUBBTI

DUBBTI

Also got it...

StrictMode policy violation: android.os.strictmode.NonSdkApiUsedViolation: Ljava/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup;-><init>(Ljava/lang/Class;I)V
    at android.os.StrictMode.lambda$static$1(StrictMode.java:428)
    at android.os.-$$Lambda$StrictMode$lu9ekkHJ2HMz0jd3F8K8MnhenxQ.accept(Unknown Source:2)
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructorInternal(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2325)
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructor(Class.java:2166)
    at bitter.jnibridge.JNIBridge$a.<init>(Unknown Source:25)
    at bitter.jnibridge.JNIBridge.newInterfaceProxy(Unknown Source:8)
    at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.nativeRender(Native Method)
    at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.access$300(Unknown Source:0)
    at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer$e$1.handleMessage(Unknown Source:95)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:193)
    at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer$e.run(Unknown Source:20)

3. F-icaro

F-icaro

I've got the same errors.

I used Unity 2019.4.23f1 to build my game and test in pre-reporting in GooglePlay before the launch of the production version.

StrictMode policy violation: android.os.strictmode.NonSdkApiUsedViolation: Ljava/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup;-><init>(Ljava/lang/Class;I)V
    at android.os.-$$Lambda$StrictMode$lu9ekkHJ2HMz0jd3F8K8MnhenxQ.accept(Unknown Source:2)
    at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.nativeRender(Native Method)
    at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.access$300(Unknown Source:0)
    at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer$e$1.handleMessage(Unknown Source:95)

So... I changed de Unity version (I use the Unity 2019.4.x version), I've downloaded the Unity 2020.3.2 and Unity 2021.1.1. GooglePlay uses the Firebase Test Lab, so I've decided use it to test the APK. In all API versions, the APK test shows me the same error, in same API version that is the API 29 (10), and I've tested in all available devices with API 29, see this:
    upload_2021-4-12_15-10-7.png

Error and Warning in API's 29 that was crashed (3 virtual devices):

upload_2021-4-12_15-14-28.png

Just a warning in API's 29 approved (2):

upload_2021-4-12_15-16-17.png

I builded an simple APK in Unity versions (2019.4.23f1 / 2019.4.24f / 2020.x and 2021.x), without script, just to verify these error and warning, Firebase Test shows me the same error and same warning, "passed" in same 2 devices with API 29 (Pixel 4 and SM-G981U1), and crashed in same 3 virtual devices with API 29 (Pixel 2, Google TV Amati, Low resolution MDPI phone):
    upload_2021-4-12_16-34-33.png

Same error and warning in APK TestApp (without scripts):
    upload_2021-4-12_16-36-2.png

P.S: In some virtual devices, the APK is "passed" with warning that is the same from the pre-reporting in GooglePlay, in other, the APK crashed or is skipped.

I've submitted an request for the Unity Support, they say me that is an technical question, but how I / We resolve it to avoid that the App game wasn't removed from GooglePlay?

arttmptt likes this.
  4. cheesemaster

cheesemaster

@Unity, please don't forget about developers who are stuck on 2017 because they wrote projects which heavily depend on Unityscript and Legacy GUI systems, thinking they were flagship and can't update Unity beyond.

Our warnings in Firebase Test Lab are:

Your app uses 2 non-SDK interfaces, which are incompatible with Android P+.

Landroid/media/AudioTrack;->getLatency()I
    Landroid/media/AudioManager;->getOutputLatency(I)I

When deployed to API 30 (only plugin is GoogleMobileAds).

It would be helpful to know what tolerable solutions could put this to bed, for instance disabling audio or setting it up differently and how might one do so only for specific APIs.

Thanks

5. BTippen

BTippen

Any news on this issue? I am getting this in 2021

6. Loksta8

Loksta8

Same happened to me... Are you guys using Google Play Game Services when this happened to you all? This started when I imported that plugin into my project.

Stack called 10 times
    My error:
    at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.nativeFocusChanged(Native Method)
    at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.access$000(Unknown Source:0)
    at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer$e$1.a(Unknown Source:15)
    at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer$e$1.handleMessage(Unknown Source:146)

7. cheesemaster

cheesemaster

If you're getting these errors what happens if you run a robo-test in Firebase's Test Lab* on a Google Pixel 5e?

I'm still trying to figure out if there's a connection between the total-crash black screen on a Google Pixel 4 and Google Pixel 5e and the only warning that test-lab spits out:

Ljava/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup;-><init>(Ljava/lang/Class;I)V

If you're having that error (still present in Unity 2021.1.6f) please let me know if you get the same screen:

web-build_2021-05-12T21_17_58.883Z_b3eo_redfin-30-en_US-landscape_artifacts_1.png

*Test Lab uses the same tech as the pre-launch report but you can schedule tests whenever suits, register an account on Firebase website it takes 5 mins

8. cheesemaster

cheesemaster

Amazingly, this black-screen issue is 100% reproducible with a new project built in Unity 2021.1.6f1:

Steps:

• Make a new folder for the project.

• Ensure Unity 2021 has Android Build support and modules added for the SDK and JDK:

1.png
    • Ensure that Unity's external tools paths are set to recommended:
    2.png

• Use UnityHub to create a new project within Unity 2021, selecting the new project folder.
    • Set target platform to Android.
    • Build APK with default settings (note that API 30 is apparently the highest installed and therefore the target SDK in Player settings).
    • Upload APK to Firebase Test Lab and run a robo test on any of the physical devices running API 30 (Google Pixel 5e, or Google Pixel 4 when set to use API 30).

Once complete, click on "Screenshots" and observe the black overlay over the rightmost 60% of the screen:
    web-build_2021-05-13T06_48_04.037Z_f9dd_redfin-30-en_US-landscape_artifacts_3.png

Click on "Test Issues" and observe the sole warning:
    2.png

I've been stuck on this for over 2 weeks. Please help. I can't release my app update knowing that perhaps on a significant proportion of modern API 30 devices, all of which I'll never be able to afford to buy for in-house debugging, a total crash might ruin the user experience from the second the app opens. I've posted this to Stack overflow and Firebase Google Groups and nothing, thought it was something wrong with my project but looks like a Unity issue?

The app works fine on all other Firebase physical devices running API < 30.

9. Starbox

Starbox

Hello, I've got a nice list of these warnings too.

Some are repetitive. I access all of this through a renowned third party extension. Would the problem come from Unity or the extension on the asset store?
    Am I to expect black screens of death crash types or something on devices I do not own for testing purposes? :(
    Thus far they tell me there's been no crash but the warning foretell such possibilities in the future.
    Google Play Store acts like a roadblock that forces me to postpone an iOS release, it's crazy.
    In the Pre-Launch summary section, Screenshots, I have several black ones added by Google testers. Most warning are in the stability section. I'm using Google Play Services in the most basic way, they rely on Google's tools and yet I'm told API no dependo wid SDK. >:[

10. kaarloew

kaarloew

If the third party extension has any Android code, it is very possible that it is causing the issues. SmartSelectionEventTracker points to WebView which AFAIK isn't included in default Unity Android builds.

11. Starbox

Starbox

Sorta. I disregarded this because some of these warnings were saying this could come from the Android Webview library provided by none other than Google. The issue is with it being not public (see here).
    I just hope it won't be a real issue in the near future.

12. yuliyF

yuliyF

2021.1.6f same bugs ..(

13. Devster2020

Devster2020

Same error with Unity 2021.1.4f1

I've got 11 warnings:

Landroid/content/Context;->bindServiceAsUser(Landroid/content/Intent;Landroid/content/ServiceConnection;ILandroid/os/Handler;Landroid/os/UserHandle;)Z

Landroid/media/AudioManager;->getOutputLatency(I)I

Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;->selectionAction(III)Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;

Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;->selectionAction(IIILandroid/view/textclassifier/TextClassification;)Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;

Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;->selectionModified(II)Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;

Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;->selectionModified(IILandroid/view/textclassifier/TextClassification;)Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;

Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;->selectionModified(IILandroid/view/textclassifier/TextSelection;)Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;

Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;->selectionStarted(I)Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;

Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker;-><init>(Landroid/content/Context;I)V

Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker;->logEvent(Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;)V

Rem777 likes this.
  14. Rem777

Rem777

same 13 warnings
    using Unity 2020.3.8f1 (64-bit)

15. giantkilleroverunity3d

giantkilleroverunity3d

yuliyF likes this.
  16. lucasairesgodinho1

lucasairesgodinho1

17. raydekk

raydekk

If you enable proguard, the warnings disappear. Anyone else tried it?

18. gun_man

gun_man

Nope, the problem persist. Idk im gonna ignore this warning tbh

19. FogCZ

FogCZ

The issue still persists in 2020.3.0f1 Unity devs really seem to forget about this or just leave it...

20. raydekk

raydekk

I'm using Unity 2020.3.14f and proguard and getting only this:

Warning
    This App Bundle contains native code, and you've not uploaded debug symbols. We recommend you upload a symbol file to make your crashes and ANRs easier to analyze and debug.

21. gun_man

gun_man

not sure but i think the issue comin from google side. i got this error for my recent published app, the old one is fine.
    aab or apk?

22. raydekk

raydekk

23. unity_LucasLTN

unity_LucasLTN

Unity Technologies

HI all,
    we have started a clean up of all the deprecated/grey listed API.
    Unfortunately I can't give at the moment an estimate ( we are still evaluating the impact that it has on the codebase),
    but I just wanted to let you know we are on it and is a high priority for us.
    Cheers

haroldo7, kaan0550, Loksta8 and 8 others like this.
  24. marounkattar

marounkattar

Any news about the stability warning?

Alima-Studios likes this.
  25. Play-a-Life

Play-a-Life

Hi...it takes a little too long to get the google closed test report. Any way to check if the currently installed build have this problem? Just to speed things up
    Got some "API (unsupported)" on a 2020.3.7f1 with updated jdk/sdk to api30 using only iap and ads services.
    Maybe make a copy and try on 2020.3.16f1? tnks for any imput.

Code (CSharp):
    2. Ljava/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup;-><init>(Ljava/lang/Class;I)V
    3. StrictMode policy violation: android.os.strictmode.NonSdkApiUsedViolation: Ljava/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup;-><init>(Ljava/lang/Class;I)V
    4. ...blah blah blah...

and

Code (CSharp):
    1. Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker;->logEvent(Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;)V
    2. StrictMode policy violation: android.os.strictmode.NonSdkApiUsedViolation: Landroid/content/Context;->bindServiceAsUser(Landroid/content/Intent;Landroid/content/ServiceConnection;ILandroid/os/Handler;Landroid/os/UserHandle;)Z
    3.    at android.os.StrictMode.lambda$static$1(StrictMode.java:428)
    4. ...blah blah blah...

26. kaa_89

kaa_89

Hello, everyone. I stumbled on this topic when i tried to solve these "ljava/lang/invoke/methodhandles$lookup;-><init>(ljava/lang/class;i)v" warnings problem. Maybe this will help someone. I got rid of this after I set minimum API level in player settings to 28(it was 21 before) and built a new version. Unity 2020.3.2f1

27. ricardo-silva

ricardo-silva

Hi everyone!!

I have the same problem and i thought that it been was solved or someone has figured out the solution but i only found tips and workaround

Code (CSharp):
    1. StrictMode policy violation: android.os.strictmode.NonSdkApiUsedViolation: Ljava/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup;-><init>(Ljava/lang/Class;I)V
    2.     at android.os.StrictMode.lambda$static$1(StrictMode.java:407)
    3.     at android.os.-$$Lambda$StrictMode$lu9ekkHJ2HMz0jd3F8K8MnhenxQ.accept(Unknown Source:2)
    4.     at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructorInternal(Native Method)
    5.     at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2329)
    6.     at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructor(Class.java:2170)
    7.     at bitter.jnibridge.JNIBridge$a.<init>(Unknown Source:25)
    8.     at bitter.jnibridge.JNIBridge.newInterfaceProxy(Unknown Source:8)
    9.     at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.nativeRender(Native Method)
    10.     at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.access$300(Unknown Source:0)
    11.     at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer$e$1.handleMessage(Unknown Source:95)
    12.     at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:103)
    13.     at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:237)
    14.     at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer$e.run(Unknown Source:20)

28. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

Thanks @unity_LucasLTN,

FWIW

Using Unity 2020.3.17f1 Google Play reported these two during internal testing...

Code (CSharp):
    1. Ljava/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup;-><init>(Ljava/lang/Class;I)V
    2. StrictMode policy violation: android.os.strictmode.NonSdkApiUsedViolation: Ljava/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup;-><init>(Ljava/lang/Class;I)V
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Landroid/graphics/Typeface;->sSystemFontMap:Ljava/util/Map;
    2. StrictMode policy violation: android.os.strictmode.NonSdkApiUsedViolation: Landroid/graphics/Typeface;->sSystemFontMap:Ljava/util/Map;
    I'm assuming these are also grey listed API calls?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  29. HakanYukselGD

HakanYukselGD

Hi everyone,
    I am using Using Unity 2020.3.18f1 and got 12 "API (unsupported)" warnings:

Code (CSharp):
    1. StrictMode policy violation: android.os.strictmode.NonSdkApiUsedViolation: Ljava/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup;-><init>(Ljava/lang/Class;I)V
    2.     at android.os.StrictMode.lambda$static$1(StrictMode.java:407)
    3.     at android.os.-$$Lambda$StrictMode$lu9ekkHJ2HMz0jd3F8K8MnhenxQ.accept(Unknown Source:2)
    5.     at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2329)
    6.     at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructor(Class.java:2170)
    11.     at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer$e$1.handleMessage(Unknown Source:83)
    12.     at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:103)
    13.     at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:237)
    All of them are like this.

30. Alima-Studios

Alima-Studios

is there any news on this topic?

31. Starbox

Starbox

The story thus far: java somethig, jnibridge this, UnityPlayer that, bla blah.
    The idea is this: ignore until it crashes, if it ever does.
    I had them for ages, about 12 of them. They do not hurt performances, they don't crash the app, it's Google whining.
    Poor Google.

Dimi951 and gun_man like this.
  32. ChubbyBobby

ChubbyBobby

@unity_LucasLTN, will you post here the Unity LTS versions that will be getting the fix ?
    Thank you!

Alima-Studios and Paulki123 like this.
  33. CrandellWS

CrandellWS

Hope so, I am still seeing the `MethodHandles$Lookup` warning and it is not preferred or wanted. I do understand it is benign, still like I said unwanted. Any updates on that?

34. sohailciit38

sohailciit38

I am till getting this warning. Using unity version 2018.4.8f1 LTS.
    Other Plugin Used is Firebase analytics, Firebase remote config, admob mediation SDK

upload_2021-11-4_9-15-50.png

35. andrewspencer_unity

andrewspencer_unity

Is there any way to disable Android Strict Mode to suppress these warnings?

36. wagenheimer

wagenheimer

Any fix on this?

37. kaan0550

kaan0550

We hope to see fix before 2022

38. SanketVaria

SanketVaria

This still occurs in 2021.2 version as well.

39. BloomBigGames

BloomBigGames

Hello! Facing same issues any updates? unity version : 2019.4.31f .

40. yuliyF

yuliyF

2020.3.25f1(LTS) + API level 31. I got 14 warnings:

Attached Files:

41. GaggiGamer

GaggiGamer

I got same/number of warnings. Are you still facing/ignoring these warnings ?
    I'm gonna ignore them in a hope that they will never cause a crash.

Most of them has something like this written on top of them : "This issue may be associated with Google- supplied library Android WebView. We know about this issue, and we are working on it. There is nothing you need to do at the moment."

42. GaggiGamer

GaggiGamer

I'm still getting this bunch of warnings. Unity 2020.1.17f

and Most of them has something like this written on top of them : "This issue may be associated with Google- supplied library Android WebView. We know about this issue, and we are working on it. There is nothing you need to do at the moment."

43. Drakonhawk

Drakonhawk

Same issue in 2021.2.11f1 using API Version 30. Got following warnings 12 times during release tests.

Code (CSharp):
    2.     at android.os.StrictMode.lambda$static$1(StrictMode.java:428)
    5.     at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2325)
    6.     at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructor(Class.java:2166)
    11.     at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer$e$1.handleMessage(Unknown Source:95)
    12.     at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
    13.     at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:193)

44. VinyxAi

VinyxAi

Exact same here.

45. AbgaryanFX

AbgaryanFX

Getting this message with 2020.3.30
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Non-SDK API
    2. Ljava/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup;-><init>(Ljava/lang/Class;I)V

46. Loksta8

Loksta8

Any news, updates it's been almost 1 year and a half already....still left in the dark. Not a good feeling to have our apps out there and not know what is even wrong with these messages. Hopefully this gets fixed soon or at least update us with progress being made!

Nolex likes this.
  47. Endahs

Endahs

Getting the exact same right now. Same Unity version too.