Search Unity

Google Play and content ratings

Discussion in 'Android' started by VCC_Geek, Mar 23, 2019.

1. VCC_Geek

VCC_Geek

I'm about two days out from release for a small game for Android, and I've uploaded it to Google Play and everything is great. However, GRAC, South Korea's content rating authority, reportedly "refused classification". I'm not even distributing the game in South Korea. I have it set to "Unavailable" on the dashboard. Can I ignore it and publish anyway, since I'm not distributing it there, or do I have to do something about it? Is this common? It's got a big red triangle with an exclamation point in it, or else I would just go ahead and publish. I guess the reason I'm worried about it is that I'm not sure why they would even get a request if I'm not distributing there, and the Play store says that having a game "unrated" might get it pulled.

If it's important, the game is a Solitaire game that uses Vegas-style scoring, where you pay $52 for a deck and then you get back $5 for every card you play on the home stacks. That's the only reason I put "simulated gambling" - and apparently, that also got me a "mature" rating for Australia as well, although they didn't reject it and there aren't any problems. Funny enough, everyone else gave me either 12+ or All Ages. Well, ESRB gave me Teen.

Can anyone reasonably reassure me that I'm not going to get my game pulled?

Who would have thought that Solitaire would be SO threatening to kids . . .

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    devabi16 likes this.
  2. devabi16

devabi16

Hello there, we have the same issue. Did you fix your problem?