Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Closed] Google localised price string not matching confirmation popup price.

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Antony-Blackett, Jul 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

Hi. I had a customer from Thailand contact me and send me some screenshots of my game. The localised price string displayed in game is correct and shows 120 TBH which is what I set the price to on the google console. The customer then went to purchase the produce and the native google purchase confirmation dialog showed the price in USD ($9.99) which is the price set for the USA rather than the price I set for Thailand which is lower.

Has anyone else seen this? Seems like a bug in the google api, correct? The incorrect price is on the google popup which we have no control over.

I'm using Unity IAP version: 1.20.0
    Unity version 2018.1.5f1
    Android API Version: 28 revision 4

Edit: The customer confirmed the purchase and got charged $9.99 USD. This is bad.
    The customer confirmed they are in Thailand and have a Thai credit card from a Thai bank. The google receipt for the purchase said they made it in New York.

Google is very confused somehow, and so am I.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Do you know the IP address of the user? Perhaps they are on VPN or similar, and their IP appears to originate in the US? You would need to resolve the billing with Google.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.