Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Google Licence Key Verfication: 401 Unauthorized

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by falkenbrew, Jun 29, 2020.

1. falkenbrew

falkenbrew

I'm using Unity 2019.4.1f1 (and I think I had this problem in the last version too)
    I've been trying to set my licence key from google play developer console but I always get the response: "Please enter the key in a valid format".

By chance I just noticed I can right click the Services panel and get a dev console, thanks chromium :) ...
    The dev console is showing a 401 error

1. Request URL:
      https://analytics.cloud.unity3d.com/api/v2/projects/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/set_google_pub_key
    2. Request Method:

401 Unauthorized
    this feels like a bug to me.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Yes, this is a known issue. The work around is to enter it on the Analytics Dashboard under project settings.

3. falkenbrew

falkenbrew

Aaaa, I read something about the dashboard, but it did not say it was in the unity project settings. Thanks.

4. falkenbrew

falkenbrew

Ok, even that was confusing. For anyone else trying to find the dashboard:
    It is in the Services tab not Unity -> Edit -> Project Settings!

Services ->Settings->Go To Dashboard -> opens a web panel

edit:
    Ok, it was even more a pain in the backside than expected. But I got it to work. First thing was I already had cloud build activated, but was using a different name there. After fixing that, I could not find any analytics settings. They were enabled in Unity, but when clicking on Services -> Analytics I saw the button "go to Dashboard" and gave it a go. Only then did Analytics show up in the web interface where I could finally enter my google licence key.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Glad it worked for you!

unityunity