Search Unity

Google Data API: how to install on monodevelop

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by z37, Mar 17, 2015.

1. z37

z37

Hello, guys!
    I would like to you Google data API in my app, but I experience some problems.
    I have downloaded a libgoogle-data-mono-2.2.0.0.tar.gz Google Data API SDK, tar file for Unix based installations, 2.2.0 on https://code.google.com/p/google-gdata/downloads/list.
    After surfing some threads I came to a conclusion that to install this library on MonoDevelop I just simply need to drop a folder with all stuff from the archive to the Assets folder of my game. I did it, and I have an option to choose those google libraries by
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using Google.GData //and so on
    But in my console i get numerous error messages, like this
    Assets/libgoogle-data-mono-2.2.0.0/samples/PhotoBrowser/GoogleClientLogin.cs(14,18): error CS0101: The namespace `Google.GData.Tools' already contains a definition for `GoogleClientLogin'
    Assets/libgoogle-data-mono-2.2.0.0/samples/YouTubeUploader/YouTubeUploader/GoogleClientLogin.cs(14,18): error CS0101: The namespace `Google.GData.Tools' already contains a definition for `GoogleClientLogin'

I understand the nature of this error messages, but I don't want to mess up with some google source code, and I am wondering if there is a simpler solution.
    The deleting of samples folder or any other, to my mind, not critical assets from library results in more errors

So does anyone have experience in dealing with Google Data Api withing Monodevelop, I am looking forward to your help!

2. knr_

knr_

Could you copy over a JSON library (like LitJson) into your Unity project and make a REST call using the WWW class over the Internet to the Google API instead (and then convert the response into a JSON object to access specific elements of the response that you need)?

3. knr_

knr_

(I'm sorry, I've never done it the way you are suggesting before, so I'm not sure about how to go about it that way)

4. z37

z37

Thank you for the reply, I thought about that way too, but a way with c sharp GData lib would be more preferable to me. It seems to work, but for those errors.