Search Unity

Google Cloud CORS WebGL

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by domdev, Jan 31, 2020.

1. domdev

domdev

I'm geting error from cors when building webGL, working in POST Request here my code
    , Works okay in unity EDITOR but not in WebGL build
    also we already added the access controls need to add

"Access-Control-Allow-Credentials": "true", "Access-Control-Allow-Headers": "Accept, X-Access-Token, X-Application-Name, X-Request-Sent-Time", "Access-Control-Allow-Methods": "GET, POST, OPTIONS", "Access-Control-Allow-Origin": "*",

Code (CSharp):
    1. var uwr = new UnityWebRequest(url, "POST");
    2. byte[] jsonToSend = new System.Text.UTF8Encoding().GetBytes(json);
    3. uwr.uploadHandler = (UploadHandler)new UploadHandlerRaw(jsonToSend);
    4. uwr.downloadHandler = (DownloadHandler)new DownloadHandlerBuffer();
    5. uwr.SetRequestHeader("Content-Type", "application/json");
    6. uwr.SetRequestHeader("Cache-Control", "no-cache");
    7. uwr.SetRequestHeader("Pragma", "no-cache");
    8. uwr.SetRequestHeader("Accept", "*/*");
    10. uwr.useHttpContinue = false;
    12. yield return uwr.SendWebRequest();
    here the error
    upload_2020-1-31_21-18-57.png

and here using the POSTMAN

upload_2020-1-31_21-19-18.png

Attached Files:

2. jaimelugo

jaimelugo

Hey! - I am not 100% sure if this will solve your issue, I was having the CORS error while trying to access a video in google cloud from my unity WEBGL build

the solution I found was entirely in the GoogleCloud Console, two steps below.

First, I change the cors setting in the google bucket. - this link below explained how to do it...
    https://bitmovin.com/docs/encoding/faqs/how-do-i-set-up-cors-for-my-google-cloud-storage-bucket

In addition you have to make your bucket public
    https://glaforge.appspot.com/article/tip-making-a-google-cloud-storage-bucket-or-file-public

I did everything in the cloud shell command... It takes a bit of time to get a hold on it but is super easy afterwards

Once this is done, the webgl build worked perfectly. Have in mind that this method will open the content for any domain request.

Hope this helps!

Saint_Taint likes this.
  3. Saint_Taint

Saint_Taint

You have saved me this solved my CORs error as well--got my URL videos running from the google bucket now!

4. mesmes123

mesmes123

Thank you man ! it works perfectly when trying to load assets from google storage bucket to my unity webGL build stored as well on the google cloud

5. StudioZ7

StudioZ7

You saved my life!

jaimelugo likes this.
  6. Gord10

Gord10

I am also having that problem. My purpose is to host a server that will keep OpenAI secret key and connects the client to OpenAI. That Google Cloud server works perfectly for standalone, but not in WebGL.

I know a solution is posted here, but I'm not entirely sure if the confidential content (i.e., secret key) would still be hidden from the public if I followed that solution.