Search Unity

Google Cardboard Viewer Profile Problems

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by troyfury, Oct 1, 2015.

1. troyfury

troyfury

Can some help explain the Viewer Profiles to me. I have a Unity VR project using the Cardboard SDK, when I built to a Samsung S5 with various Cardboard headsets I was getting double vision, however the Demos within the Google Cardboard App looked fine, so I created a Custom Viewer Profile and upon using the generated QR code the Unity app looks perfect, but Demos are now in double vision. I have then reused this QR code with different Cardboard Headsets on various size phones, again, my Unity app looks perfect but the Demo's which look perfect using the Default profile are now in double vision. Surely if the headset work perfectly with the device for one app it should do the same for all apps, what could be causing my Unity project to need a different viewer profile than the other apps on the same phone?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. jamesbdh

jamesbdh

I'm having this issue too, did you/anyone else find a fix?

3. Marceta

Marceta

I had same problem with previous version. Previous version of cardboard didn't supported new way of getting screen's DPI with Unity. Are you using latest version of cardboard sdk?

Quote from latest version.