Search Unity

Resolved Google Billing Library v4

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by gtalwadkar, May 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gtalwadkar

gtalwadkar

Please provide details on when can we expect to get Unity IAP with Google Billing Library v4 update. Latest stable version of IAP 4.1.4 is seems to be on Google Billing Library v3.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We are currently looking at Q3 and may go directly to GPBL v5 at that time as it's already available for testing.

3. gtalwadkar

gtalwadkar

Thanks for the update. But this may become a blocker as Google has 2-years support windows for each major release.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We will ensure to provide an update before GPBL v3 is EOL

gtalwadkar likes this.
  5. Bharani_Sasank

Bharani_Sasank

Any update on this ?

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Previous replies still apply

7. Bharani_Sasank

Bharani_Sasank

31st Oct is the deadline of v3 and this is not a acceptable answer at this stage !
    Proper ETA on this would be appreciated. We will have to plan our releases accordingly.

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We do not have an exact ETA yet. The best we can do is Q3 and before the deadline.

9. gtalwadkar

gtalwadkar

Hey Jeff,
    Do you have any update on ETA?
    Also are there any min requirements on Unity version for the upcoming IAP plugin update? We are currently on 2019.4 LTS and it will be helpful for us to plan the update if there are any min requirements. Thanks.

10. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity 2019 will not be supported. We will release before the deadline, as mentioned.

11. gtalwadkar

gtalwadkar

Thanks for providing the info. We are planning Unity 2020.3 LTS update. May I know whether Unity 2020 will be supported or not?

12. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes

13. chao3

chao3

There are 2 deadlines one for new apps and another for existing apps
    https://developer.android.com/google/play/billing/deprecation-faq

Is there a special agreement like Google Play 64-Bit Requirement that new Unity games exempt from 8/2 deadline?

14. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We will have an updated version available before the Aug 2 deadline

chao3 likes this.
  15. bkachmar

bkachmar

Thanks for the update.
    Can you confirm that this update will support Google Play Billing Library 5, or Google Play Billing Library 4?

16. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

The next release in a week or so (hopefully!) will contain GPBL v4. However the new v4 features still need to be implemented which will happen over the next few months.

17. Samuel411

Samuel411

Will Unity 2019.3 still support v4? I'll note, iOS 10 is no longer supported on later versions, thus our project (Which is both iOS and Android), is locked to this version.

I see the deadline is Nov 1st for apps using Billing v3 (https://developer.android.com/google/play/billing/unity). This would mean apps supporting iOS 10 will be locked from uploading to Google Play, unless they specifically build to Google on 2020+, correct?

I'll note as well that according to the roadmap, https://unity.com/releases/2019-lts, 2019 LTS support was dropped early this year, so it would make sense if it was no longer supported.

18. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Future releases of Unity IAP will not support Unity 2019

Samuel411 likes this.
  19. john_ML_777

john_ML_777

I have imported In App Purchasing package from PackageManager, it shows me installed version 4.0.3, where as in Plugins->Android it shows com.android.billingclient.billing-3.0.1.
    So I am not sure whether my billing library has been updated or not.
    If not please tell me how to check billing library version through script.
    I am not using Unity IAP but third party plugin.

20. Samuel411

Samuel411

The documentation shows the supported stores for each version - https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.purchasing@4.1/manual/StoresSupported.html

21. ABerlemont

ABerlemont

From android's console release :

Your app includes non compliant SDK version
    Your app com.XXXXXX version code XXXXXXX includes SDK com.unity3d.ads:unity-ads or an SDK that one of your libraries depends on, which collects personal or sensitive data that includes but may not be limited to null identifiers. Persistent device identifiers may not be linked to other personal and sensitive user data or resettable device identifiers as described in the User Data policy.

Starting from January 11, 2023 midnight (UTC), new app releases containing the SDK version(s) that do not comply with the User Data policy may be blocked from release. You may consider upgrading to a policy-compliant version of this SDK that does not include the violating code if available from your SDK provider, or removing this SDK from your app.

According to your SDK provider, you may consider upgrading to 4.0.1, and/or contacting your SDK provider to see if a suitable later version might be available. Google is unable to endorse or recommend any third party software.

ACTION REQUIRED: Upload a new compliant version AND deactivate the noncompliant version.
    Does that mean I should wait for another unity IAP version that bundles billing 4.0.1 ? (I see in the package/plugins that UIAP v4.5.1 uses billing 4.0.0)

Thanks for the help :)

22. Yannick_D

Yannick_D

Unity Technologies

Hello,

This seems to be related to UnityAds SDK and not Google Billing v4.
    This post suggests updating the version of your UnityAds SDK to at least 4.0.1 to solve the issue.

If this doesn't work, I recommend reaching out to Unity Ads & User Acquisition who handles this package.

Samuel411 likes this.
  23. vulamavi2

vulamavi2

i did custom a library to use billing-4.0.0 to use in unity 2019 or lower. Because cost for upgrade my project to new unity version is expensive.
    Hope help someone.
    Connect skype : vulamavi if have issue.

Attached Files:

blevok and Samuel411 like this.
  24. ABerlemont

ABerlemont

In my case I found out that the warning (displayed in the "new release" summary) was pointing to an older published version and not the lastest build I did with 2020.X (that included the lastest uAds SDK with a non-warning billing version :) )

Thanks

25. Arnaud_Gorain

Arnaud_Gorain

Unity Technologies

This thread is now closed. Feel free to reach out via a new thread if you encounter further issues.
    Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.