Search Unity

Google Bans App due Alipay SDK

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by dsanteugini, May 31, 2019.

1. dsanteugini

dsanteugini

Hello everyone,

Yesterday, Google banned one of our apps due the use of Alipay SDK. As far as I know, there is nothing related to this SDK in our application.

There is any way to solve it ?

Regards

Dani

2. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

3. dsanteugini

dsanteugini

@MD_Reptile hi!

No no. We are not using this plugin. It seems that unity is adding something related to this sdk in some postbuild process. Maybe Xiaomi has something inside it?

dreipol and MD_Reptile like this.
  4. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

That seems very unlikely - if you are absolutely sure this SDK is not in your app, write back to google through their developer support (or open a support ticket about the specific app) and request it to be un-suspended. (I assume its been suspended and that your developer account itself has not been completely banned...) If you are not absolutely sure - read on.

As for finding out EXACTLY what you have in your built app - try building out to Android Studio rather than doing a standard internal build, and you will end up with the complete source (prior to being built as an APK) from unity, which you can then modify directly inside Android Studio.

If you get stuck, post back here and I'll try to help.

5. vivalaizec

vivalaizec

Hey, I have the same issue with you @dsanteugini , i sent an email to google support but they said, they still found AliPay SDK which send the information to https://mobilegw.alipay.com:443/mgw.htm , meanwhile the website is not even exist.

Do u find your solution already? please share

6. mperepelkin_at_melscience

mperepelkin_at_melscience

Same here. Never heard of AliPay SDK, will investigate.

7. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

So let me get this straight.

You all DID NOT install this "Alipay SDK" in your apps - and then...

You uploaded a CLEAN apk to the app store...

And...

You created your unity accounts either super recently, or years ago, and have no posts... except this...

And....

Google banned your apps...

And.... what?

What are the names of your apps and developer accounts? Hmm?

EDIT:
    Is this the Alipay you used?
    https://www.pymnts.com/news/international/2017/alipay-ecommerce-platform/
    ^ this is a US based site, covering the fact that Alibaba's Alipay service is used worldwide.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/05/09/alipay-first-data-us-point-of-sale-expansion/
    ^ here is a techcrunch article with a bit more info about Alipay

Perhaps... just theoretically now... but perhaps...

Due to the trade war between the US and China - Alipay (part of Alibaba) is being removed from the app stores in the US.

And perhaps.... hypothetically....

You guys actually used Alipay. Your apps got suspended permanently because of that. Google gave you a warning, and you ignored or didn't notice... then they banned your apps.

Am I like... getting close to the truth here?

EDIT2:
    Perhaps you used one of these plugins?
    https://github.com/Smartions/Unity-SDK/blob/master/Getting Started.md

https://github.com/onelei/aliPay-unity

https://translate.google.com/transl...://www.jianshu.com/p/f8ff4f3fb4ce&prev=search

https://global.alipay.com/service/app_split/6
    ^ alipay.com will load fine but this link won't work for me.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  8. dsanteugini

dsanteugini

We have detected where is alipay defined. In UnityChannel.aar there are two places where is set:

AndroidManifest.xml has 2 references to alipay. (The exact reference of Google Play ban reason)
    MIO library contains a lot of references and implementations of alipay.

We have modified the UnityChannel.aar and we're trying if it fixes the issue. If it compiles and it works, I'll share with you this file.

So...yes, Unity has alipay implementations in it.

9. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Hmm.

That is interesting - and certainly something to bring to the attention of UT.

So now please test something for me.

Create a new, blank project > do the exact same thing, and find those references to that in the android manifest.

I can only think of 2 ways that got into your manifest. First, unity put it there when you built. Second, you opened a 3rd party plugin that had some sort of reference to that plugin, and later removed it.

Outside of those two things I have no idea how it got there. Can you confirm what happens when you open a new, blank project, and build with that?

Important things to tell UT:
    -Unity version (2019.x? Free? Plus? Pro?)
    -OS version (Windows? Mac OS?)
    -Where you downloaded your copy of unity (Unity Hub? Standalone offline installer?)
    -What are the names of your app(s) on the Google Play store that are banned.

EDIT:

Just to hopefully clarify - I use Unity Hub, and Unity 2018.x - and I have many apps on the app stores. They are not being suspended for this type of thing. So I seriously doubt it has come straight out of unity - unless you enabled some kind of IAP or subscription service that relies on a 3rd party plugin...

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    dreipol likes this.
  10. dsanteugini

dsanteugini

Hi @MD_Reptile

We are already in touch with Unity Team. They said that yes, UnityChannel has Xiaomi SDK included by default. This SDK has included Alipay SDK inside it.

If you create a blank project without IAP Purchase service enabled, this data is not included. But if you include the IAP service, these sdks are included by default. The only way to remove them is modifying the UnityChannel.aar file manually.

- Unity Version : latest 2018 (LTS) But seems that the problem is present in 2019 too.
    - OS Version : Windows
    - Where : Unity HUB but our builds are being done by Unity Cloud. (latest 2018 version configured)

I attached the UnityChannel.aar modified file in case of someone wants to test it too. Obviously I don't recommend to use it in production but can be useful as an emergency fix. Anyway we are not 100% sure if it solves the problem but It seems.

Attached Files:

11. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Ok - thank you very much for bringing this forward! This is certainly an important thing for UT to look at. Uhh.... quick... tag somebody important haha. @hippocoder --- uhh.... do something!

dsanteugini likes this.
  12. Mannogames

Mannogames

Hello My game has also been banned from the google playstore for using ALIpay sdk but i never used any sdk in my project. Unity needs to fix this problem.

13. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

We are looking into this.

14. gamer2300

gamer2300

absurd! please
    solve this

MD_Reptile likes this.
  15. dreipol

dreipol

Same here, got banned from google because we use Unity IAP

MD_Reptile likes this.
  16. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Absurd because Google suddenly changed their policy? Understood this is most serious, but please. So a bit of information to properly set expectations. If this is indeed a shift in policy from Google and we are tasked to accommodate, it will likely take another IAP release cycle and will require a new build of your game with the new version. Yeah, not good news. But allow us some time to properly investigate first.

Hoblum, MD_Reptile and Antypodish like this.
  17. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

What version of Unity IAP is everyone using here? The latest (which should not have the AliPay issue, I've been told) is 1.22.

MD_Reptile likes this.
  18. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

MD_Reptile likes this.
  19. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Engineering here is asking if affected developers might send us their APK that is experiencing this issue. Please open a support ticket via Analytics and IAP here https://unity3d.com/learn/support

20. lyonshd

lyonshd

I was with Xiaomi Mi Game Center's added... in "SDK for App Stores" where we build the app, I think that's the problem.. I'll remove it and send it to Google again.. As I saw, AliPay is a service from China.. So I think it makes sense.. Check it. (Google accepted my new apk, let's see...)

Detail: The ones I didn't use this SDK wasn't banned.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    MD_Reptile likes this.
  21. GodManOmar777

GodManOmar777

I am having the Problem as well Google just banned my app today for the same reason

MD_Reptile likes this.
  22. lyonshd

lyonshd

Did you build your app using Xiaomi Mi Game Center's SDK? Check it, if so, remove it.

Hoblum and JeffDUnity3D like this.
  23. ingamesdev

ingamesdev

Our application was also banned yesterday for using the AliPay SDK, which we have never used or imported into our project on our own. We only use in-app purchases for the AppStore and GooglePlay. And we didn’t add Xiaomi Mi Game Center in the "SDKs for App Stores" section. We can not delete the folder UnityChannel, it gives errors. We tried the modified UnityChannel.aar file, it did not help.

MD_Reptile likes this.
  24. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Ok - the simple solution right now is to just contact Google.

25. GenrihStar

GenrihStar

Today our game was banned too! Please, can somebody provide us with a guide of how to fix this problem!

26. Adver2Play

Adver2Play

This is a summary of all my findings:
    Current setup:
    Unity 2019.1.x (Issue seems to be present in previous versions)

We have apps published in China (out of google play distribution channels) and Google Play Store.
    Our Google Play Store Apps got banned because they integrate AliPay SDK (added by Unity without our knowlege)
    Our China Apps got banned because they integrate AdMob (A google owned ad service)

- Unity packages a lib called UnityChannel.aar whenever you compile for Android and have IAP Unity service enabled.
    - This lib has dependencies tied to AliPay and Xiaomi Store. Both packages are added to your APK/AAB when you compile it. (you can verify this by opening the AndroidManifest.xml using the APK analyser )

Current Status as of June 5th 2019:
    AliPay SDK packed with Unity 2019 was blacklisted by Google at the end of May.

Here's where things become interesting:
    -If you don't use IAP but you enabled the toggle at any time in the past, the UnityChannel.aar lib will be there and the APK will be packaged with the blacklisted sdk.
    -Same applies if you include the Xiaomi Store SDK.

The current workaround is to delete UnityChannel lib if you don't use IAP and make sure you don't add the xiaomi store sdk.

This should produce an apk with no alipay or xiaomi store sdk bundled into your build (verify the compiled APK with Android Studio APK Analyser to confirm)

If your app requires IAP Unity Service, you have 2 options:
    - Wait till unity releases an update fixing the problem (Would be really helpful to have an ETA for the fix by someone from the Unity Team).
    - Remove the IAP Unity service and export the project so you can add IAP natively on your project on Android Studio.

Good luck!

27. lebo47

lebo47

Hi - two things to all affected by this. Our app was Removed May 28. We found this forum, fixed the problem and submitted a new app 10 days ago and it has STILL NOT EVEN BEEN REVIEWED. The Removal letter told us to submit a fixed version and they would review it. This has not happened. Is this happening to anyone else???

ALSO, friend and Forbes Journalist Charlie Fink is thinking of writing a story on this (the app we made for his new XR book was affected). If you are open to being quoted about this story, please email him at cdfink@gmail.com
    I feel like what Google did here was fairly outrageous. Removing a live app with no warning due to unannounced or at least not publicized rule change, seems very unfair.
    --Mike

DarekRusin likes this.
  28. ScottF

ScottF

Director of Development, Mobile Unity Technologies

Hi Everyone, If you can either post here or PM me your App ID I am seeing what I can do on my side to accelerate the review of apps which have been resubmitted with the offending SDK removed.

Thanks,
    Scott

Herolias likes this.
  29. Herolias

Herolias

My app is banned too! But it's my first App and I dont know where I can find my App ID...

30. Vagrod

Vagrod

It looks like "com.something.something". You can find it in GooglePlay Console in All Applications section below your app name.

MD_Reptile likes this.
  31. eboxrocks

eboxrocks

My game was also removed, ironically not all of my gams were banned, so I guess I need to make some updates. Would be nice if they gave a warning before dropping the remove hammer.

32. Nition

Nition

A bit disappointing to read the tone of some of the initial responses here. I know it's easy to get worn down by a stream of newbies asking simple questions with often wrong diagnoses. But adopting a position of guilty until proven innocent as a response will only drive people away. We can try to be civil when responding or we can take a break from the forums; after all, no-one's forcing us to be here.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  33. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

34. shohan4556

shohan4556

I have made a video how to solve this issue. you can see this video

35. GroundControl_Dev

GroundControl_Dev

@JeffDUnity3D Another one bites the dust... We have a free AR app for a client that got the hammer yesterday, on this case we didn't even got IAP enabled on it.

Just to make it clear:

-The fixing procedure is still delete the Unity Channel.aar?
    -How can we get a "faster" review of the fixed .apk? This app was for a client and they are not happy.

Thanks!

36. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Your right. I often assume the worst.

In hindsight I should have waited for any evidence there was something bad happening before jumping to conclusions.

My bad :)

Also, I most likely won't be on the forums as much soon - not because I don't love you guys anymore - but I'm trying to start a full time job and it's going to be very stressful.

I'll be around still, just not as much. Perhaps that will give me an opportunity to get a fresh start and not be so pessimistic in the future. The glass is half full right?

Nition likes this.
  37. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

We have not advised any work around at this time. You can check your APK by using Android Studio/Build/Analyze APK... and look for any references to AliPay in AndroidManifest.xml

38. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

We have heard of reports of users who are not using IAP nor including the Xiaomi Game Center SDK and still affected by this issue. Can others share here how they are building their APK? From Unity or Android Studio? The more details the better, thanks

39. marsoups

marsoups

Hi Jeff. We built using Unity, and had Unity IAP in the build (though we were not using Unity IAP yet, our app is only uploaded to Google for development purposes at this stage, but we still got our app removed even though it is not live).
    I have used the Android Studio APK analyzer, and found a disturbing amount of permission requests that we have never accepted, and it is evident that some third party apps have requested a lot more than they should be!

For example :

<uses-permission
    android:name="android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS" />

<uses-permission
    android:name="com.xiaomi.permission.AUTH_SERVICE" />

Appears in the AndroidManifest.

<uses-permission
    android:name="com.xiaomi.sdk.permission.PAYMENT" />

Appears, and we never authorized Xiami! How can we have all of these strange permission requests and setup a clean manifest ?

A few weeks ago, I completely removed Unity IAP and Unity Analytics, because Google had shown that all these strange new permissions had appeared. However, from the looks of this manifest, there are an awful lot of completely unnecessary requests happening without me having control. Please could you help to advise how to clean out these seemingly cached settings in Unity ?

Even after the Unity IAP and Unity Analytics packages have been removed from our project, these requests are still appearing in the AndroidManifest.xml

Please assist!

<activity
    android:theme="@REF/0x01030010"
    android:name="com.xiaomi.gamecenter.alipay.HyAlipayActivity"
    android:exported="true"
    android:configChanges="0x480" />

<activity
    android:theme="@REF/0x01030010"
    android:name="com.xiaomi.account.openauth.AuthorizeActivity"
    android:exported="true"
    android:configChanges="0x480" />

40. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

As requested, please provide specific steps on your Build process, Unity version, IAP target, etc. This thread is focused on the AliPay issue, not extra permissions at this time.

41. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

So far, we believe this is limited to including the Xiaomi Game Center in your game. When viewing the Unity Build dialog, it can take up to 30 seconds for the Add button to change to Remove, if you've added it previously. To confirm, use Android Studio and choose Build/Analyze APK... , view the APK and review the AndroidManifest at the root of the project, and look for any references to Xiaomi or AliPay. If you don't see the references, you should be OK to resubmit the game to Google Play.

42. marsoups

marsoups

Never added Xiaomi Game Center to the game, but did add Unity IAP to the game previously. Removing "UnityChannel" folder completely from "Assets/Plugins/" has resolved the issue for me, and in the AndroidManifest, there are no longer references to AliPay.

43. marsoups

marsoups

When Alipay was in the build:
    Unity Version: Unity 2019.1.5f1
    Previously added Unity IAP & Unity Analytics: Yes
    Unity Analytics & Unity IAP disabled: Yes, but library still seemed to exist in the project and doesn't remove when disabled
    Minimum API level : 4.1 (jelly bean)
    Target API level : 9.0 (Pie)
    Scripting Runtime Version : NET 4.x Equivalent
    Scripting Backend : Mono
    Api Compatibility Level : .NET Standard 2.0
    Target Architectures : ARMv7
    SDK Internal for builds : No, using Android Studio SDK with same version Unity requires.

Let me know if you require any more info.

44. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

@marsoups You mentioned the library seemed to exist, could you please confirm? The files may exist in the Unity project and I have seen the same thing, but they not referenced in the final APK when targeting Google Play in my testing. Use Android Studio and choose Build/Analyze APK... and look at the AndroidManifest.xml. So far, with a new project and adding IAP, we don't see the references. Only when adding the Xiaomi Game Center. Are you able to reproduce on a new project?

45. Leuthil

Leuthil

My app just got pulled from Google Play and I have nothing in my game, no ads, no Xiaomi, no unity services period. This is definitely a unity issue asking for stuff that is not required. I am using 2019.1.5f.

46. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Please provide the contents of the AndroidManifest.xml. This does not occur in our testing, can you provide steps to reproduce on a new/empty project?

47. gamer2300

gamer2300

i dont see any solution that can fix this problem. so it is always absurd

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  48. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

What is slwsts?

49. Leuthil

Leuthil

Hmm I apologize. After some more investigation, I think my issue may be unrelated to the original post.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  50. FunRobDev

FunRobDev

My story is even funnier! :)))

One of my game has releases on these dates:
    2018.12.28 *
    2019.01.08 *

* these versions accidentally have references to alipay in the AndroidManifest.xml, classes.dex, and some other files because of Unity, indeed (I searched for "alipay" in Total Commander within the apk)

But the funny thing is that on 2019.05.29 Google banned my app because of alipay, although the latest two versions have no reference to alipay. Google refers in his email to version 2018.12.28 because that contained references to alipay. I contacted them, and they still refer to version 2018.12.28.

WHAT?! I am banned for the past?! Ridiculous...

EDIT: As Vagrod said, my problem was not in the Production track, but in the Internal Test Track, where there was a release (2018.12.28) which had an alipay reference, and that matters too. So you have to upload a new release to all your tracks: Production track, Alpha Track, Beta Track, Internal Test Track., which had a release which referred to alipay.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    SamOYUnity3D and TadeasKaba like this.