Search Unity

Question Good Tutorial for first Oculus Q2 app Deployment.

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by AlexJones1970, Jan 28, 2022.

1. AlexJones1970

AlexJones1970

Hi guys. Pleased to meet you. Can anyone suggest a good tutorial for deploying an app to Oculus Quest2? I have a little experience deploying apps to MS Hololens2 and am not particularly interested in developing a game in the tutorial as I'm trying to do something work related. Any suggestions greatly appreciated :)

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

A Google search brought up this link, I haven't tried it but the reviews are good
    The search also brought up this, the Oculus documentation which may help https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unity/unity-build/

3. AlexJones1970

AlexJones1970

Hi Jeff. thanks very much. This is actually the first tutorial i also googled and tried. But I got stuck at verifying a missing dependency in Grimble. I spent a few days trying to get info on how to fix it but couldn't find any help. So i've started here with this tutorial 1.1 - VR Project Setup - Unity Learn

I'm now having a lot of problems with Air Link. I had the headset linked to my PC via air link but then my headset went into sleep mode and it won't connect again. Tried a restart but no joy. The oculus software just doesn't seem to pick up my headset.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

5. AlexJones1970

AlexJones1970

Brilliant thanks very much jeff :)

6. AlexJones1970

AlexJones1970

Hi Jeff. Just to let you know, there is a "Restart all Oculus Software" setting in the Oculus PC app that seemed to fix my problem. Thanks for your help :)

JeffDUnity3D likes this.