Search Unity

Good Software to build DETAILED cities or FANTASY world?

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by JaZZyCooL, Oct 12, 2012.

1. JaZZyCooL

JaZZyCooL

hello guys,
    I am here to ask for some cool software other than blender, to build detailed and fantasy city of my own, i know many people would recommend to go on with blender, but i am new to the world of designing and getting hands on with blender would take time, so i was thinking of some other software which can help me build detailed city by detailed i mean the interior and stuff of the building. I also know AUTOCAD but i would not prefer that as it will take a lot of time to learn blender and autocad together so some handy software.

Thanks for your help guys, Thanks a lot.

2. Morning

Morning

But there is no software that does detailed work for you, at least not one that doesn't require learning. You either spend time learning the software or accept boxes and primitives for buildings.
    Even procedural generators depend on pre-made detailed art to stitch together buildings and cities. Your best bet is to learn blender or hire someone who has the skills.
    Though it depends on what you mean by "detailed" as the term is very stretchy and differs from person to person

3. JaZZyCooL

JaZZyCooL

Well, i am not so educated in designing matter to understand your related technical words, but what about some software like google sketchpro or something like that which will require learning but not take much of my time to do so. And also there are many designing software which i know but the question is Will unity accept that?. Detailed mean the interior designing of the building even a small pot and a wall painting etc.

4. drewradley

drewradley

5. JaZZyCooL

JaZZyCooL

So what to do for the converter i hope you would have used that, what did you do to convert the things

6. Brent_M

Brent_M

7. drewradley

drewradley

I use Ultimate Unwrap 3d Pro.

8. nipoco

nipoco

Try Magic Fantasy World Creator 3.1

The newest version has a "get instantly the fantasy world of your dreams button".

Seriously, there is no software which let you create game assets without the need to learn something.
    Creating games takes time. Especially the assets creation. If you're not willing to learn such things, then games development may not the right hobby for you.

9. JaZZyCooL

JaZZyCooL

Well, i love to create and learn to create things , but i am not willing to give my time to it that's it. Nothing much about it

10. phex

phex

There is no easy, fast to learn "Cool Software". If you want to create 3D Models for a game,
    you have to learn it the hard way. It will took you month or even years to get the needed skills
    to build the "Fantasy Wolrd of your Dreams", depending on your talent and your will to learn that.

Blender isn´t that easy, but its free and comes with all the tools you need.
    Cinema4d or Maya are easier to learn and more intuitive to work with.
    But they cost some money... :)

Prepare yourself for a long run before you can create a game ready model.
    Start with some basic tutorials and advance over time.

Good luck, if you work hard you can enter a fantastic new world.

11. nipoco

nipoco

Then you can buy pre-made assets in the asset store to build your fantasy world. That's the fastest way to get a game together without investing too much time in creating own art assets.

12. drewradley

drewradley

There are even some free ones to get you started.

13. Jaimi

Jaimi

twobob likes this.
  14. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

You can't go wrong with Sketchup. Its the easiest you can get on the market. Draw a footprint, then just push and pull. You can even use photogrammetry function inside the sketchup to photo-model an existing historic building

Then there is also CityEngine. Which goes with a "generative" approach.

The problem is it takes far to long to learn their "CGA shape grammar" to make component objects to be use in their generative city. Also its quite expensive.

The last one to be watch out for is GhostTown. Its a 3DS MAX script that's currently under development.

It looks like it has the potential to be quite useful and easy to learn.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
    twobob likes this.
  15. JaZZyCooL

JaZZyCooL

Thanks guys, This was very much helpful, thanks once again. I have decided to go on with sketchup pro,blender and mudbox4d as my designing softwares.