Search Unity

Good read about Flash Web Games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SL-Paul, Nov 23, 2012.

1. SL-Paul

SL-Paul

2. Harissa

Harissa

Hmm, I disagree with the conclusion that they failed because they used flash which wouldn't work on mobile.
    There are many more successful companies producing flash games. Zynga is the most infamous, but if they fail people won't
    say it was because they'd used flash, it was because of the games they made.
    If Glitch had used Unity then they'd be in exactly the same position regarding distribution as with Flash - they'd be able to run in the browser and create Apps for mobile use.

I don't know why Glitch failed but I guess its a combination of a failure of marketing, game design and monetisation rather than the technology they used.

3. chrisso

chrisso

I vaguely remember signing up for Glitch during or shortly after beta. Only from a bit of gameplay, it seemed to me similar to Maplestory but with a more abstract, children's storybook sort of theme. My experience with the game was very brief, but I wasn't inclined to return.

Thanks for the link.

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Glitch is probably written in haxe, which means it probably can get ported. Sounds like drumming up press to me, Call me a cynic.