Search Unity

Good low level 'arcade' style levels?

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by ltrout1999, Jan 21, 2016.

1. ltrout1999

ltrout1999

I followed the Tanks! game tutorial and I changed the gameplay up to make it a singleplayer game against a computer controlled enemy. I want to release the game and all, but I don't want to use the same level and stuff that is in the Tanks game. I'm not really good at creating a level and was wondering if there are any good 'arcade' styled low poly maps out there for free or under 5$? I was looking at some, but almost all of them didn't fit the theme of the game. I plan on keeping the same tank model because I like the look of it. I don't want it to be photorealistic, just a basic map.

2. Gigiwoo

Gigiwoo

Is this an art question? There are lots of places for free art, though I doubt any will have exactly what you're looking for. You can probably get something that simple created at fiverr.com, so $5.

Gigi

3. ltrout1999

ltrout1999

Well I'm looking for a scene that has the map and textures with it. I found this, but it doesn't fit the game too well.

4. Gigiwoo

Gigiwoo

If I understand correctly, what you want is actually a core part of building a game. You start with art, you add it to a scene, and you add in all the game objects so it overlaps/connects to the art. You add mechanics, UI, and testing. Toss it in a shake-n-bake bag for 30 minutes, and bake at 350 for 6 months. Add spice for flavor.

Gigi

Master-Frog likes this.
  5. ltrout1999

ltrout1999

Well I have found a good amount of low poly nature gameobject assets that have the art and everything with it. My only problem is, I am not very creative and am quite horrible at arranging those gameobjects to make a nice little level. I have the entire game built, I just want to change up what the level looks like.

Gigiwoo likes this.