Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Good character design software

Discussion in 'Animation' started by FKgames, Sep 24, 2013.

1. FKgames

FKgames

Hey, I am searching for a good software, with which i can design characters or guns, WITH JOINTS, so that I can animate the character or the gun with locomotion or something like that. But what is a good software, except of 3Ds Max because I have an iMac and 3Ds Max doesn't work on OS X, to design 3D Models like Character and co.? Is Maya from Autodesk good? When yes, do you know a good tutorial on youtube, where somebody shows, how to design character with JOINTS?

Thank you very much

Ferdi

2. Venged

Venged

Go to cgcookie.com They have some great Blender tutorials for character modeling. Blender 3D is free and there are many lesson on youtube. I have heard people talk about a Mac program called Cheetah 3D but I don;t know if you can rig Characters with it.

3. FKgames

FKgames

okay thanks

4. FKgames

FKgames

But, do somebody know an other program?

5. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

On a mac cheetah3d or Maya.

6. Gnaws

Gnaws

Can't go wrong with Blender. It's rock solid, easy to learn, and has all the tools you need for Unity. IMO the worst thing about Blender is that it's FREE. For people who equate quality to price tag, they see Blender as something you win at Chuck E. Cheese. Not true at all. Go to BlenderArtists.org to see some amazing CG work.

7. FKgames

FKgames

Okay, thanks i bought Maya, its a good software