Search Unity

"Goo physics"

Discussion in 'Physics' started by EnsurdFrndship, Jan 2, 2016.

1. EnsurdFrndship

EnsurdFrndship

Hello,
    I was wondering if there is an available asset that takes a sphere, and when the sphere falls on a collider from gravity, the sphere eventually flattens, and if it falls off a surface while flattening, it breaks apart, and if 2 spheres collide, they become bigger (kind of like how droplets of water works). Thank you

2. cefwyn

cefwyn

It sounds to me like you are wanting a form of liquid physics simulation. The only one I know of is Fluvio, but it also does a lot more then you probably need. If you can program it yourself, look into metaballs. Using metaballs you can get a ball that can be deformed and merged into other metaballs which if you apply physics to them would create the effect you are after, but they are also very memory intensive and can be very processor intensive depending on the implementation. If you've ever seen the game "Mercury" on the PSP, that's an example of metaballs. Another option would be to use a point spring system to define vertices on a sphere which would allow you to deform it when it impacts something and then you would just have to come up with a way to make it look like the blobs form together when combined.

3. EnsurdFrndship

EnsurdFrndship

Thank you