Search Unity

Goo Lattice

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by marty, Jul 6, 2005.

1. marty

marty

Since it doesn't seem to be documented or examplified anywhere currently, and since it sounds kinda cool, I would love to see an example project or at least some JavaScript to get me started using that "Goo Lattice" thingie.

If it's what I think it is (something "GooBall"-ish maybe), it could be pretty cool stuff!

2. klindeman

klindeman

Hmm, I just noticed that this question never got answered, and I would like to know as well! Pretty much everything under the Miscellaneous menu in Component looks cool, especially Decal! What are all these? I didn't see them mentioned in any docs

3. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

They haven't been given enough love so they are not really easy to use and robust enough.

We might support some of them later on, but for now i will just remove them from the Misc menu. Sorry.

4. marty

marty

Oh, that's no answer! ;-)

At least give us a little Goo-Lattice demo. C'mon, pleeeeease?

5. klindeman

klindeman

Damn. :cry:

6. cdesmond

cdesmond

You may want to stop asking about things... they may pull a few more ;)

7. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

Guys come on. Those components really don't work, I tried the Decal component. And it has been lying around for 1 year and it is simply not possible to use it as it is. At least i can't get it to work without changing the source code.

We are not removing a feature, we are simply removing a menu entry which does not work at the moment. This should have been done when we released Unity 1.0. And I am sorry for the confusion.

That said, we will add those features over time, when we are able to make them work robustly and in an easy to use way.

unityunity