Search Unity

Games Golod: A Dark Fantasy Dungeon Crawler

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by Skaggsoft, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Skaggsoft

Skaggsoft

Hey guys, I'm part of a two man team working on our first project, a first-person dungeon crawler.

Essentially we're looking to infuse the genre with ARPG-style mechanics and a few novel ideas that (I hope) you won't have seen anywhere else.

EVECTOR likes this.
  2. owlhowell

owlhowell

Love the concept art! I'm sure you wear many hats, but what is you primary role for this project?

3. Skaggsoft

Skaggsoft

Thanks!

I do the code, the environment models, rigging and animations. The other guy does the all the art, textures and story. I'm sure I've forgotten loads of things, but that's the basic division of labor.

owlhowell likes this.
  4. Skaggsoft

Skaggsoft

I've uploaded a video which demonstrates some of the mechanics we're using for the skill tree. My video producing skills are still imperfect, but I'm definitely improving!

I'm gonna start uploading regular videos to Youtube now. Consider subscribing to our channel if you're interested.

If you're really interested consider backing our Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/skaggsoft/golod-a-dark-fantasy-dungeon-crawler

I'll come back in a day or two and post a little about how I'm making things work under the hood.Some of you might find that interesting. :)

owlhowell and msamociuk88 like this.
  5. Skaggsoft

Skaggsoft

If you get into a fight on the world map you'll be fighting enemies on a screen like this:

6. toastertub

toastertub

I love how much thought you've put into the skill trees and the way things are going to unlock. And the art looks really awesome so far! I might have missed it but did you say what you're releasing this on?

7. Skaggsoft

Skaggsoft

Thanks!

Right now our only planned platform is Windows. We might stretch to Mac and/or Linux at some point in the future but it would definitely be premature to say at this point.

We expect to release on Steam Early Access initially followed by a DRM-free download once the game comes out of Early Access.

toastertub likes this.