Search Unity

Feedback Going from 2021 to 2022, array editor in inspector no longer fills all the available space

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by KimmoFactor, May 8, 2023.

1. KimmoFactor

KimmoFactor

So, in 2022.2, editing arrays (or lists) in inspector no longer uses all the available space. In 2021 it still behaved I as expected. In the image I have one ScriptableObject with one array at the top level (expanded in the inspector). The area I marked blue is just wasted space that could be used to show more items. In 2021 the array fills the space and I can see over 50 items at once, but here in 2022.2 I can only see 19 items with a lot of space wasted (also 2021 had a little less vertical margin between elements too, which was nice). For me this is an annoying usability regression.

I tried to file this as a regression bug, but it was rejected so I thought I'd at least post this here then if someone appropriate might accidentally see it.

upload_2023-5-8_17-43-22.png

AnKoCare likes this.
  2. Kugon

Kugon

Right, I have 50 Serializable dialogues and going between one to an other is too much work. Moving dialogues over the list is what makes me quit.

3. AnKoCare

AnKoCare

I also have this problem, the 2022 version makes me feel uncomfortable because when I scroll through the list in the inspector it is very slow and laggy

Attached Files:

4. AnKoCare

AnKoCare

Do you have any solution?

5. KimmoFactor

KimmoFactor

Nope, still constantly suffering from the same issue. I tried to report it, but they say it's as designed so I guess they're happy with the way it is.