Search Unity

Games God created the earth in 7 days, I destroyed it in 7 hours.

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by FirstTimeCreator, Aug 17, 2020.

1. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

Project I'm working on when I get off work.

CityGen3D likes this.
  2. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

3. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

4. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

5. williamclarks

williamclarks

A very interesting project.

6. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

7. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

8. adamgolden

adamgolden

This is great! However..

Here is a screenshot:
    needs_variation.jpg

The rock between the lava is too bright/grey - I think the contrast needs attention. I used free-select and contrast in GIMP for illustration:
    more_contrast.jpg

9. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

Well I'm not spending any time on artwork at the moment, I will probably switch it back to the non emission asteroid style (cool surface) texture.

For now I am moving on to other systems, I don't want to get bogged down too long just in the planet destruction mechanic, I have alot of work to do and it is alot for a single programmer.

Thanks for the info though. I may come back make some changes to the planet destruction system in the coming week but I am really keen on getting the physics (Zones) system done which will allow me to put complex layered physics modifications on the Rigidbody from external sources in the environment on the ship, camera as well as integration with the ships layered audio controller system. The first demonstration of that system will be the shock wave coming off of the planet, when it hits the ship it will put the ship into a rolling spin for a few seconds.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    adamgolden likes this.
  10. KeyGameUniverse

KeyGameUniverse

Will this be a game in the future? The simulation is very cool.

I got vibes from star wars deathstar beam that blew up planets :O

11. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

Yes it will be a game. The game itself requires very complex software. Currently I have moved on to the Physics system and Collision system for Player controlled ships then I will be doing the External Forces Layered Physics Controller which will apply and modify the ship physics from external forces in the environment outside of the ships engine/flight controls.

I have a full time job at a studio as an architecture and gameplay mechanics programmer so I am only working on this part time after I get off work but progress will be bade slowly but surely.

I thought about putting in a deathstar for fun and having it blast the planets to bits, and increasing the chunk counter to say 1500 pieces, which would result in greater realism but is unrealistic for the average PC as far as performance overhead later on once all of the other components are in the game.

At the start of the game Galactic Armada will be a epic battle for earth involving hundreds of ships.

Think about the battle of the line in Babylon 5 and that is what the battle will both feel like and resemble.

The game itself as far as what you will be doing in Galactic Armada, well.. If you like the TV show "Battlestar Galactica", you will like Galactic Armada because I am creating it to put you in the pilot seat of combat ships flying with the last remnant of humanity, on the run in a hostile galaxy, fighting for every step, every breath, every resources. Fighting for survival and hope. It will be an epic action combat game with a story-driven open-world survival aspect. There will be a "Fleet" of starships on the move that will require resources to survive, just like in battlestar galactica. The story however will be entirely different.

KeyGameUniverse likes this.